• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy or MC Aviation?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I can say with certainty you will get flown down there if youre going Marine Corps OCS route. Before you get up for selection, you have to get cleared by NAMI. However, I know my friend in Navy ROTC didnt go to Pensacola though while he was in college.

NAMI is fun and awkward. Couldnt tell if some of the cuties in my group were hitting on me or not because you all do get your own hotel room and lots of free time.... I dont think thats against the rules either since we arent commissioned or even candidates at that point. I worked out in the gym there to kill time, the guys at the front desk dont seem to care much as long as you dont go during the rush hour and that place is packed full of DYEL 19 yr olds like I have never seen on any college campus.

Hopefully you wont go in the winter if you do go. I was supposed to fly back the day the whole south got hit by a blizzard closing every airport and way out of the south. Was stuck in the hotel in Pensacola for two extra days until they could fly to me Texas, to go back to Philly.
Those cuties were totally hitting on you, bruh. Too bad you couldn't tell because you had your own hotel room. What?

WildcatAlumni

Those cuties were totally hitting on you, bruh. Too bad you couldn't tell because you had your own hotel room. What?
You got me, poor sentence structure. It made sense in my head haha.

Im saying that they set you up with your own hotel room while down there and you get a decent amount of free time. Could have been having some real fun with those girls down there so use your imagination.

Bjlasc01

I can say with certainty you will get flown down there if youre going Marine Corps OCS route. Before you get up for selection, you have to get cleared by NAMI. However, I know my friend in Navy ROTC didnt go to Pensacola though while he was in college.

NAMI is fun and awkward. Couldnt tell if some of the cuties in my group were hitting on me or not because you all do get your own hotel room and lots of free time.... I dont think thats against the rules either since we arent commissioned or even candidates at that point. I worked out in the gym there to kill time, the guys at the front desk dont seem to care much as long as you dont go during the rush hour and that place is packed full of DYEL 19 yr olds like I have never seen on any college campus.

Hopefully you wont go in the winter if you do go. I was supposed to fly back the day the whole south got hit by a blizzard closing every airport and way out of the south. Was stuck in the hotel in Pensacola for two extra days until they could fly to me Texas, to go back to Philly.

I failed to Specify Navy OCS not Marine OCS...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
k4qdh.jpg

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Not sure if you're interested in TacAir, but I'd imagine the Navy is probably a decent bit healthier than the MC Hornet and Harrier communities. Could be a reason to go Navy if you're primarily interested in flying.

Oh, I realize I haven't posted here in years... I'm standing GDO.

brownshoe

Contributor
Not sure if you're interested in TacAir, but I'd imagine the Navy is probably a decent bit healthier than the MC Hornet and Harrier communities. Could be a reason to go Navy if you're primarily interested in flying.

Oh, I realize I haven't posted here in years... I'm standing GDO.
Wow! Long time no see.