• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Operations Concept 2010 "Morale Patch"

Shpion1

Contributor
Did a search, didn't see it, so here it is.

Saw this first at CDR Salamander, full page pic in the new Navy Operations Concept 2010. A document in the works for a loong loong time.

Laughed till I cried. Somene is getting an ass chewing. Couple of "someones" I bet.

4642371086_9055929a7e_m.jpg

The NOC 2010.
Haven't digested it yet, but heard some good things. We'll see.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I'm a bit thick, I don't get it.?.

The patch just about an inch below his rank. A pile of shit on the left and a magnet on the right. When read from left to right: "Shit Magnet." The only reason I understand it: He made it Army simple by using pictures! :)

If you open the PDF, it's on page 31

Shpion1

Contributor
I thought that having a full page picture of a PO2 EOD dude getting ready to set fireworks looked awfully good to some PAO dude who picked the photo. All Gungho, IA stuff, supporting the effort on land. All cool. Now, a whole bunch of O6s and Flags probably reviewed this document ad nauseam and yet the "shit magnet" patch made it through.

In a previous career as a briefer at the Pentagon I used to call flags in the middle of the night. I would pay a lot of money to sit next to the guy who calls CNO/Vice/PAO/etc and goes: ahh, have a small issue Admiral... They are all so removed from JOPA times they probably thought it was a tactical unit patch...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I like to pretend that at least a few of them are still human and thought "Oh, hell, I'll approve this and see if it makes it through. . . I bet Gary'll get a good laugh out of this."

Full pic:
Po1.001.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Haven't digested it yet, but heard some good things. We'll see.

I have read it.... I wouldn't waste too many brain cells on it.
I don't know who gave the navy unlimited use of the adjective, but there are more descriptive statements regarding a ship on deployment than I thought possible.

Then again, who ever wrote this thing I need to hire to write my next FitRep. I've never seen so many words say so little.

Here's the boiled down version of the NOC:
We have six core mission areas: Forward Presence. Sea Control, Deterrence, Maritime Security, Power Projection and HADR.
To do those missions we have ships. Lots of ships to do lots of missions.
We have 3 carriers deployed at any given time. We can surge 2 more in 30 days. We can surge another in 90 days.
CSG= CVN, CVW, 5 CRU/DES, one direct support sub, one 'food' ship.
ARG/MEU = 3 (or 4 depending on well deck requirements) L-class ships & 1 MEU
Expeditionary Strike Force (ESF) = CSG + ARG/MEU
We have enough Amphibs to embark two MEBs at one time
We have subs that shoot SLBMs
We have two hospital ships; they're busy

We have Maritime PrePro Squadrons that have Marine and SeaBee stuff on them.
NECC can do a lot of stuff
Airpower is flexible & so of it is land based

Sea Control is the key for everything else to occur
The Coast Guard has ships. Sometimes they work for us, sometimes we work for them. They have ships that can break ice.
Marines do a lot more than just break stuff. They can do NEOs and HADR really well.
Climate change presents security issues
Lots of pretty pictures of airplanes, ships and Sailors and Marines.

You could read the 90+ pages or my 30 second synopsis. Your choice.

BigRed389

None
I don't know who gave the navy unlimited use of the adjective, but there are more descriptive statements regarding a ship on deployment than I thought possible.

Then again, who ever wrote this thing I need to hire to write my next FitRep. I've never seen so many words say so little.

We have six core mission areas: Forward Presence. Sea Control, Deterrence, Maritime Security, Power Projection and HADR.
We have 3 carriers deployed at any given time. We can surge 2 more in 30 days. We can surge another in 90 days.

The Coast Guard has ships. Sometimes they work for us, sometimes we work for them. They have ships that can break ice.
Marines do a lot more than just break stuff. They can do NEOs and HADR really well.

Someone's been working on their BLUF skills.

Pags

N/A
pilot

So....it says everything we already knew about why we have Naval forces but with big happy words?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I can't believe the Navy has bought into climate change. Everything else I can believe.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I can't believe the Navy has bought into climate change. Everything else I can believe.

Climate change is a fact. The cause of which is debatable. We are living at the end of an ice age, glaciers are going to melt. They'll come back again when the next ice age comes around. That's how the cycle works. It's over simplified, I know. But I'm an Army guy, and I like to follow the philosophy of KISS.