• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Flight Officer

Status
Not open for further replies.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
IFT2O said:
I could be a flight doc, "dude here is some 800MG Motrin, take it and we'll get that waiver through for ya! It should clear up anything else you've got too, Syph, Clap, Cancer" Friggin' Miracle Drug!

And how would you know about all these miracle cures?????

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cha-ching

:D Stay in a while...the pay does get good. :D
Then try it mostly tax free (combat zone)...with tax free allowances, etc.
Your actual taxed income is much less than what you make, quite a good tax break. ;)

I am not complaining....I like to call the Navy the "Best Job I've Never Had."
Cheers.
G
ytd4cy.jpg

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Schnuggapup said:
Your actual taxed income is much less than what you make, quite a good tax break. ;)

Cheers.
G

Thanks a lot Admiral! YEEZ, that makes 0-1E pay look like POOH!
What was that, your March LES?

Well my waver went through. They want to send me to OCS in June. What is the weather like in June down in Pensecola? I've never been there before. I had actually asked the recruiter if I could go in september. He told me he wasn't sure if the possition would still be avaliable then.

Also, is it any harder to get NFO in a strike fighter like a F18 if you a guy wears glasses?

Thanks!!!!

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Schnuggapup said:

Cheers.
G
ytd4cy.jpg

I always tell people that it beats working for a living. :D

KBayDog

That's no joke.

During my career, which could best be described as "zzzzzzzzzzzzz" (no combat, no special duties, etc.) I have fared pretty well. The only taxable pays during peacetime are your actual "pays" - basic pay, ACIP, etc. Allowances (food, uniforms, BAH) are tax-free. Also, you can contribute (as of 2005) up to 10% of your PRE-TAX basic pay (and 100% of other pays) to the TSP, which lowers your tax liability at the end of the year.

When you factor in all of the different financial benefits, PLUS the free medical/dental (and extremely discounted plans for dependents), PLUS commissary/exchange privileges (the package store pays for itself!), PLUS the "feel-good" gimmes that the civilian world gives to us (free theme park admission, discounts for many products/services, etc.) we actually do pretty well.

Also, while on active duty, the government paid me to get my undergraduate degree (after paying me to live in Hawaii for a few years). I used my SGLI (another benefit) and actually put away a bunch of money while at school. Then, when I graduated, they gave me a promotion and a hefty raise! Now they are paying me to learn how to fly. Finally, I will not even begin to list the intangibles of military life...the PEOPLE are what makes this life so rewarding.

(I am starting to sound like the forsakeourtroops.com guy's worst nightmare!)

Still, the military has been very, very good to me, and I really do feel honored that they have given me their "special trust and confidence." Sounds sappy, but when I think about it that way, it is easy to see why I give 100% with all that I do.

Of course, there are those 96-hour days when we more than earn our compensation...

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cha-Ching

That was last year's Dec end of the year LES. I'm headed for the litterbox for a year very soon. The next 12 months will be very lucrative.
Flag...nah not me...not even close ... :)
r/
G

What's the weather like in pensecola? Especially in pensecola durring the summer months, June, July, August? Also does it make any difference what so ever if you wear glasses and are trying to get into a fighter/jet?

Thanks!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
weinerschizel said:
What's the weather like in pensecola? Especially in pensecola durring the summer months, June, July, August? Also does it make any difference what so ever if you wear glasses and are trying to get into a fighter/jet?

Thanks!

Jesus Christ dude, the Chief answered your question above.

and it's pensAcola.

Schnugg

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lots of simple spelling errors....

Hmmm....hard to believe he's just a few courses away from an MS.
And sure Masters night school while in NFO flight school is easy. Everyone does it. NFO training really doesn't take any studying anyways...

Use the search button, it's your best friend on this forum.

I'm starting to think this may be integer back again....

Your telling me.... Not only that.... They actually let me TEACH??????
I study Electrical Engineering and.... Yeas eye Can noot sPe EL VerE gut.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it. My questions are numerous since there are not too many Navy personnel living in South Dakota.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Studying Electrical Engineering is no excuse for poor spelling. My degree is in EE.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.