• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviator vision requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrozeke

I will be transferring to ERAU in the fall of this year. I plan on attending either NROTC or AFROTC with the intention of being an aviator/pilot. Im wondering, what are the requirements for Naval Aviator selection? I have 20/20 vision, but I am slightly farsighted. Will this affect my chances at all? Also, does the navy guarantee a position in flight school? I had a local recruiter mention this to me, but I wasnt sure if it was true. Thanks in advance for your time

-Zeke

sludge31

20/20 pilot...study hard...get good astb scores and letters of rec...it is extremely competitive right now...sounds like you will be ok...keep your sights on your goal...don't get sidetracked

ROTC, no guarantee. On the other hand, easier to get picked theoretically since you get the spots first along with the Academy.

Next, the "guarantee" is BDCP or OCS. Either way, you're trying to get into what needs the ROTC people DIDN'T fill. Obviously, when they're cutting back, there won't be any unfilled slots.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
dva is actually 20/40 -0 on a goodlite chart.

after you're initial NAMI physical you can regress to 20/100 I believe

ldahla

the post a couple above was about cutting back on SNA slots...how do you know this? how did you get this information--and when are they cutting back?

BrianH

I applied for OCS with the Air Force and Navy. I passed the pilot physicals in both branches. I do not have 20/20 vision. I don’t remember what the limit was to pass, but I’m sure that you are fine. Side note: the eye exam for the navy took 15 minutes; the Air Force eye exam took more then three hours & was very intense. My understanding of the process is that the Navy is much more lenient with the quality of your eyes. Ask you recruiter, but I know that they accept a certain type of corrective eye surgery.

SNAWannabe

(SNA ONLY) CURRENT REFRACTIVE ERROR IN EACH EYE LESS THAN OR
EQUAL TO PLUS 3.00 OR MINUS 1.50 DIOPTERS SPHERE IN ANY MERIDIAN,
LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 1.00 DIOPTER TOTAL CYLINDER, AND
ANISOMETROPIA LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO 3.50 DIOPTERS.

Feb 2002

The Astigmatism falls into the less than or equal to 1.00 Diopter total Cylinder.

binary_choice

Final Select SNA
Now I'm worried... I've always had 20/20 but when I went to MEPS last week before I sent out my final Doc's, they show me at: Distant: 20/15,20/17 and Near: 20/15,20/15
Is this bad then? Or will they let me fly with that? I'm confused now... they said I passed at MEPS. They wouldn't get me down to OCS just to change me over to SNFO from SNA because of those numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.