• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

National OPO

Sir,
Are you still planning on holding a 15 July SNA/NFO BOARD? I am out of NRD Denver and they informed me that the next board was 15 July. Can you please advise. Thank you.

No - we will not be holding a 15Jul Pilot/NFO board since we just held one. So the next Pilot/NFO board wont be for another 90-120 days if not sooner with no confirmed date established. Nor will a confirmed date be established since we will hold it once we have accumulated a "sufficient" number of application to justify having the board. Sorry that the NRD personnel told you "15 July" since there was no way for them to know when the board was actually going to be held. If I were an applicant and my OR was telling me specific dates for either the Pilot/NFO or SWO boards, I would be suspect since by their nature of being rolling boards, they dont have set dates. I would be suspecting that my OR were trying to guess when the next board would be held based on when the last board was held and then adding 90-120 days.

National OPO

Sir,
Are you still planning on holding a 15 July SNA/NFO BOARD? I am out of NRD Denver and they informed me that the next board was 15 July. Can you please advise. Thank you.

No - we will not be holding a 15Jul Pilot/NFO board since we just held one. So the next Pilot/NFO board wont be for another 90-120 days if not sooner with no confirmed date established. Nor will a confirmed date be established since we will hold it once we have accumulated a "sufficient" number of application to justify having the board. Sorry that the NRD personnel told you "15 July" since there was no way for them to know when the board was actually going to be held. If I were an applicant and my OR was telling me specific dates for either the Pilot/NFO or SWO boards, I would be suspect since by their nature of being rolling boards, they dont have set dates. I would be suspecting that my OR were trying to guess when the next board would be held based on when the last board was held and then adding 90-120 days.

National OPO

All - in defense of the recruiters, they wont find out that NRC just held a Pilot/NFO or SWO board until the results are released to the Regions, who are then asked to push the results down to the NRDs. With the NRDs then expected to push the results to their recruiters. Another way for the field to find out about specific applicants is that once the results are released, the team here within NRC will start updating the records within our processing system for those applicants both professionally recommended (PROREC-Y) and those that werent (PROREC-N). This takes a little time since they have to go into individual records to update the PROBOARD status and upload the board results. Plus once the results have been pushed to the Regions, the results are also posted to NRC's internal website for access and download by the recruiters. This site is not accessable by the public (due to PII concerns), but the recruiters all can access it to obtain the results. So in theory, if you hear from me that the results have been pushed to the field, but your recruiter indicates that they dont yet have them, please remind them that "you heard" that they can go to the NRC Recruiting Quarterdeck (the private side of NRC's website) and download the results from the N31 (ie "NOPO's page") webpage. The hope is obviously to provide the field with as close to real-time results as possible so that you all as the applicants can find out as quickly as possible.

All - in defense of the recruiters, they wont find out that NRC just held a Pilot/NFO or SWO board until the results are released to the Regions, who are then asked to push the results down to the NRDs. With the NRDs then expected to push the results to their recruiters. Another way for the field to find out about specific applicants is that once the results are released, the team here within NRC will start updating the records within our processing system for those applicants both professionally recommended (PROREC-Y) and those that werent (PROREC-N). This takes a little time since they have to go into individual records to update the PROBOARD status and upload the board results. Plus once the results have been pushed to the Regions, the results are also posted to NRC's internal website for access and download by the recruiters. This site is not accessable by the public (due to PII concerns), but the recruiters all can access it to obtain the results. So in theory, if you hear from me that the results have been pushed to the field, but your recruiter indicates that they dont yet have them, please remind them that "you heard" that they can go to the NRC Recruiting Quarterdeck (the private side of NRC's website) and download the results from the N31 (ie "NOPO's page") webpage. The hope is obviously to provide the field with as close to real-time results as possible so that you all as the applicants can find out as quickly as possible.
Come on results!!!! I'm going crazy right now!!!ahhhhhh!!!!!

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Anyone... quick question: What does the CIRIMS status "AWAITING QA" mean? Is this PM review? Or someone before PM? Thanks

CAJ0520

You have Cirims access because you're prior enlisted?

I have no actual knowledge of the matter but from a critical thinking standpoint it sounds like it is waiting for a Quality Assurance check to approve that there are no errors and it can go to the board. I do not know if this means you did not make this board, however I would prepare yourself for your package not being at the board. Normally it takes about 30 days from when your OR submits it assuming no errors, when did he submit it? and were there any errors.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
I have no actual knowledge of the matter but from a critical thinking standpoint it sounds like it is waiting for a Quality Assurance check to approve that there are no errors and it can go to the board. I do not know if this means you did not make this board, however I would prepare yourself for your package not being at the board. Normally it takes about 30 days from when your OR submits it assuming no errors, when did he submit it? and were there any errors.
Thanks for the info... it was fully submitted up the chain last week.. I actually signed everything back in May however, my processor didn't actually formally submit everything until about a week ago. So from what you are saying, I am about on track? Check back in about 2 weeks and I should have some clearer guidance as far as the status. Makes sense.. hopefully there will be a board in August!

CAJ0520

Thanks for the info... it was fully submitted up the chain last week.. I actually signed everything back in May however, my processor didn't actually formally submit everything until about a week ago. So from what you are saying, I am about on track? Check back in about 2 weeks and I should have some clearer guidance as far as the status. Makes sense.. hopefully there will be a board in August!
Basically if you do not hear anything in the next 3 more weeks your package is done. That's a generalization I am sure depending on how busy the processors are. If your OR is easy to talk to just shoot him an email/text at the 1 month point. I would text mine every week just to check in, but my OR just made me feel like that was OK with him. He never minded the call or spending the minute to check on the status for me, Some OR's see it as a hassle or they are just super busy.

Chris_Clark

Advanced E2/C2
Contributor
Basically if you do not hear anything in the next 3 more weeks your package is done. That's a generalization I am sure depending on how busy the processors are. If your OR is easy to talk to just shoot him an email/text at the 1 month point. I would text mine every week just to check in, but my OR just made me feel like that was OK with him. He never minded the call or spending the minute to check on the status for me, Some OR's see it as a hassle or they are just super busy.

Thanks for the info.. I'll check back in a few weeks.