• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

binoly

All - just got the most recent Active Duty IDC board results from the community this morning. We are reviewing the results and expect to push them to the Fleet by BOL by COB tomorrow. Once the results have been pushed to the Fleet tomorrow, we will be pushing the rest of the results to the NRDs by COB on Monday for the NRD applicants.
@National OPO just out of curiosity when did this IDC board convene?

National OPO

@National OPO, I will be in my nine month window to start selecting for orders in August but I will be putting in a package for the October board for SNA. What should I do about selecting orders?

HM2 - recommend that you review Chapter 4 of OPNAVINST 1420.1B. It has all of the policies about whether a Sailor can or cannot execute transfer orders if applying for OCS. You need to review that instruction prior to talking with your Detailer to ensure that you are staying within its guidelines and requirements regarding PCS orders.

National OPO

@National OPO for those that were chosen for early spring SWO and were waiting for this IDC to decide on their career. Do they get any priority on ship date over the later SWO that will chosen this year?

As I have mentioned, the business rule is "first-in-first-out". So your shipping "priority" will most likely depend on when it was that you were selected for your highest choice designator on your application. We try to minimize the time that folks are waiting to ship once ALL of their designator choices have been adjudicated. Those that have been waiting the longest will ship earlier in general terms.

mrdrown

As I have mentioned, the business rule is "first-in-first-out". So your shipping "priority" will most likely depend on when it was that you were selected for your highest choice designator on your application. We try to minimize the time that folks are waiting to ship once ALL of their designator choices have been adjudicated. Those that have been waiting the longest will ship earlier in general terms.
Any idea what time the IDC results will be emailed to recruiting districts today?

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
Are FINSELs still going out for the 31 Aug class? I was told by my recruiter that I'm "scheduled for OCS in August," but I haven't gotten the actual letter yet.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
The IDC results will be going to the Regions for dissemination to the NRDs by COB today.

Gonna need to hurry up with that, Sir. This is a good depiction of a couple of my IDC applicants right now...

satire-south-park-pitchforks-torches-mob.jpg

(Jk of course)

navy2014

I know you have talked about this before, so I reread your posts on it, and I just want to make sure: I was selected for SWO, which was my first choice. That means they've already begun processing me for an OCS slot for SWO, and they are NOT waiting for the results of my other two boards to be released (I didn't make this IDC board, so that would be a long time from now) and for me to choose between options before they begin, right?

And a second question--how does the security clearance fit in to OCS dates / FINSEL? They finally started the background check for me recently, but I know it's a long process. I've seen some people get their clearance by the time they go to MEPS on here, so I have no idea whether they waited a long time to start mine, or what. But will I have to wait for clearance before being put into the waiting list to get an OCS date?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I know you have talked about this before, so I reread your posts on it, and I just want to make sure: I was selected for SWO, which was my first choice. That means they've already begun processing me for an OCS slot for SWO, and they are NOT waiting for the results of my other two boards to be released (I didn't make this IDC board, so that would be a long time from now) and for me to choose between options before they begin, right?

And a second question--how does the security clearance fit in to OCS dates / FINSEL? They finally started the background check for me recently, but I know it's a long process. I've seen some people get their clearance by the time they go to MEPS on here, so I have no idea whether they waited a long time to start mine, or what. But will I have to wait for clearance before being put into the waiting list to get an OCS date?

These are all questions your recruiter can help you out with.

I'd like to remind everyone that NOPO is here to pass information about upcoming boards, deadlines, OCS fills, etc. He isn't a recruiter and shouldn't be treated like one. If you have questions about the process your actual recruiter can help you out.

navy2014

Thanks, temporarily forgot the purpose of the thread.

(As for asking AW generally a question that would be better suited for my OR, I appreciate the need to not have this forum take the place of an OR, but I have some pretty extreme issues getting communication or responses from my OR, and thought it would be easier to ask here than going through the trouble. Regardless, the questions aren't pressing, and this isn't the place anyway. Thanks again.)

National OPO

All - we have issued out all FINSELs for the 20Jul and 10Aug OCS classes and are issuing out FINSELs for the 31Aug OCS class - we have about half of the class already filled with FINSELs issued. Once that class has been filled, we will begin filling the 21Sep class and issuing out FINSELs to that class accordingly. The IDC board results were pushed to the field yesterday and we started reflecting the results within our processing system. The board selection rate was slightly lower than their traditional selection rate - only 16%. As such, IDC continues to be one of our most competitive programs to get into. Congrats to those that were selected.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
All - we have issued out all FINSELs for the 20Jul and 10Aug OCS classes and are issuing out FINSELs for the 31Aug OCS class - we have about half of the class already filled with FINSELs issued. Once that class has been filled, we will begin filling the 21Sep class and issuing out FINSELs to that class accordingly. The IDC board results were pushed to the field yesterday and we started reflecting the results within our processing system. The board selection rate was slightly lower than their traditional selection rate - only 16%. As such, IDC continues to be one of our most competitive programs to get into. Congrats to those that were selected.

Thank you for the update, sir. Do you have any idea of the timetable for when the FINSELs for the 31Aug and 21Sep OCS classes will all be sent out by?

brogdawg32

Thank you for the update, sir. Do you have any idea of the timetable for when the FINSELs for the 31Aug and 21Sep OCS classes will all be sent out by?
It looks like about 2 weeks per class at this rate. Also heard that divison director was looking at the week of the 23rd for FINSELs for sept 21 class...so that fits in that timetable pretty well.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
I got my FS on the 5th of this month, still haven't sworn in or done any paperwork yet. I won't be able to swear in until next week since my OR was on vacation last week and is unavailable this week. There's no close deadlines are there?