• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

National OPO Blog

VoodooNova

None
I did a quick search about this and saw that it was mentioned elsewhere on these forums, so I'm just wondering if it's something the Navy consistently allows:

I'm up for NFO, SWO and Intel (in that order). If I get selected for SWO before the NFO boards, am I able to wait for the results of the NFO boards before saying yes to SWO?

Thank you for your help.

CAJ0520

I did a quick search about this and saw that it was mentioned elsewhere on these forums, so I'm just wondering if it's something the Navy consistently allows:

I'm up for NFO, SWO and Intel (in that order). If I get selected for SWO before the NFO boards, am I able to wait for the results of the NFO boards before saying yes to SWO?

Thank you for your help.

It was mentioned to me that the only way for your kit to be seen by the SWO board is to have SWO as your number 1 preference. If it is 2-5 your kit will not see the SWO board. They apparently already have all of the applicants for SWO they could ever want so they only look at people who really really want SWO. Its a little unfortunate but understandable.

Connie

It was mentioned to me that the only way for your kit to be seen by the SWO board is to have SWO as your number 1 preference. If it is 2-5 your kit will not see the SWO board. They apparently already have all of the applicants for SWO they could ever want so they only look at people who really really want SWO. Its a little unfortunate but understandable.

SWO will look at you if it is not your first choice. I was selected as were others from the march SWO board and our first choices weren't SWO. And yes you can wait for NFO to get back to you before you make a decision. A few of us have been doing the same thing bc we are waiting for the IDC results.

National OPO

All - as for the FINSELs for the most recent Pilot/NFO board (help in May14), we are starting to fill (and issue FINSELs for) the 31Aug14 OCS class. We have issued all of the FINSELs for the 20Jul and 10Aug14 classes. We will start filling (and issuing the FINSELs for) the 21Sep14 OCS class in the next 2-3 weeks. There might be few of the selects from that May board that do get placed into that 21Sep class, but I would suspect that even more will be in the 12Oct and 02Nov classes - just looking at class loading.

National OPO

All - as for the FINSELs for the most recent Pilot/NFO board (help in May14), we are starting to fill (and issue FINSELs for) the 31Aug14 OCS class. We have issued all of the FINSELs for the 20Jul and 10Aug14 classes. We will start filling (and issuing the FINSELs for) the 21Sep14 OCS class in the next 2-3 weeks. There might be few of the selects from that May board that do get placed into that 21Sep class, but I would suspect that even more will be in the 12Oct and 02Nov classes - just looking at class loading.

National OPO

All - as for the AC Supply board, it was slated to start today, 09Jun. All indications from the community is that they are still planning on holding it this week. Supply boards normally take about a week to be done. So would expect the results to be given to NRC early next week and for us to be able to release them to the Fleet and field before the end of next week.

brogdawg32

So sometime in the next 4-6 weeks for the majority of May selects....awesome. Thanks OPO, having you on this site is great

National OPO

All - as for the sequence of your selections. If you are selected for your first choice - whether SWO or another designator - you will be processed for shipping in that first choice (since it was your first choice). If not selected for your first choice, then we go down the list - 2nd choice, 3rd choice, etc. If selected for your 3rd choice first (for example), just based on board scheduling, then we will wait until the results for your 1st and 2nd choices come in. Unless you tell your Recruiter that you want to "decline" continued processing for your 1st and 2nd choices and instead be processed for your 3rd choice - for example. So the designator in which you are processed is based more on sequence and based on the results of selection down that sequence. As for SWO, we are asking that if an applicant desires SWO that they put SWO in their first or second choice. This is because we have WAY MORE SWO applications than needed and therefore dont consider SWO choices in an applicants 3rd through 5th choice - especially since many applicants that would put SWO in their 3rd through 5th choice were most often selected for their 1st or 2nd choice anyways. So requesting SWO most often were never needed for processing.

National OPO

All - as for the sequence of your selections. If you are selected for your first choice - whether SWO or another designator - you will be processed for shipping in that first choice (since it was your first choice). If not selected for your first choice, then we go down the list - 2nd choice, 3rd choice, etc. If selected for your 3rd choice first (for example), just based on board scheduling, then we will wait until the results for your 1st and 2nd choices come in. Unless you tell your Recruiter that you want to "decline" continued processing for your 1st and 2nd choices and instead be processed for your 3rd choice - for example. So the designator in which you are processed is based more on sequence and based on the results of selection down that sequence. As for SWO, we are asking that if an applicant desires SWO that they put SWO in their first or second choice. This is because we have WAY MORE SWO applications than needed and therefore dont consider SWO choices in an applicants 3rd through 5th choice - especially since many applicants that would put SWO in their 3rd through 5th choice were most often selected for their 1st or 2nd choice anyways. So requesting SWO most often were never needed for processing.

Buffy

Thank you for the update. It is greatly appreciated.

paulmkrueger

All - as for the AC Supply board, it was slated to start today, 09Jun. All indications from the community is that they are still planning on holding it this week. Supply boards normally take about a week to be done. So would expect the results to be given to NRC early next week and for us to be able to release them to the Fleet and field before the end of next week.
Thank you!

Mozart

Thank You OPO regarding Pilot/NFO info.

On a different note. :( on waiting until OCT/NOV for OCS. This really hinders my plans to quit my job in July. Not really sure what to do now.