• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NAS Locations

navychick

I am heading to south field for helo training in about one month from now and feel like I just cant get the answers that I am looking for...I am really trying to find a good website or just someone who can tell me what helo squadrons are located where. I am also looking to be co-loacted with my bf who is in the cg. Anyone have any good websites or any help? thanks!!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I am heading to south field for helo training in about one month from now and feel like I just cant get the answers that I am looking for...I am really trying to find a good website or just someone who can tell me what helo squadrons are located where. I am also looking to be co-loacted with my bf who is in the cg. Anyone have any good websites or any help? thanks!!
I would recommend www.navalaviationresource.com.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's San Diego and, for now, Corpus. I don't know if the HITRON guys are going to stay in Jax when they get the new -65s to replace the Sharks, but Mayport and Jax are two other possibilities. Other than that, you're starting to look at a commute. Elizabeth City and Norfolk are an option, and maybe you can see each other on the weekends.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
First tour options for Navy helo pilots include the following:

East
Norfolk
Jacksonville
Mayport

West
San Diego
Hawaii
Guam

There's also HM-15 in Corpus, but that squadron is eventually supposed to move to Norfolk.

I don't think I missed any possibilities. You can go other places as a Navy helicopter pilot, but not for your first tour. I can't really offer any advice about finding a place where you can be colocated with someone in the CG. Good luck.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Japan is the best (at least I hope so); I'm headed to HS-14 via HS-10 next month...

I made this spreadsheet (see attachment) to help determine what my preferences were leaving the HTs. There are 14 choices for Navy pilots winging at South Field. I combined that list with the CNAF Master Aviation Plan, which is a proposed timeline of squadrons changing aircraft and/or homeports.

Hope it helps.

Attachments

• selection.xls
    22 KB · Views: 194

Pags

N/A
pilot
There's San Diego and, for now, Corpus. I don't know if the HITRON guys are going to stay in Jax when they get the new -65s to replace the Sharks, but Mayport and Jax are two other possibilities. Other than that, you're starting to look at a commute. Elizabeth City and Norfolk are an option, and maybe you can see each other on the weekends.

It would be feasible to live halfway between E-City and Norfolk. Long-ish commutes for both, but doable.

HM-15 should be moving to Norfolk sometime soon-ish, they're gonna break ground on their hangar soon.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Ive got a friend who's husband is in the Navy and she is a Coastie, and they are both going to San Diego, as well as another friend who's wife is a Marine and so is he and they are both going to Hawaii...but that is married couples, not boyfriend girlfriend...

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It would be feasible to live halfway between E-City and Norfolk. Long-ish commutes for both, but doable.

HM-15 should be moving to Norfolk sometime soon-ish, they're gonna break ground on their hangar soon.

Where are they breaking ground @ for 15. I am USS Shawshank and way out of the loop these days.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Where are they breaking ground @ for 15. I am USS Shawshank and way out of the loop these days.

I heard over V-101 (or maybe 100). So, over by heliops and VC-6's boat slips. I think it will include it's own line and pad.