• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

N.A. landings at USAF bases (hopelessly threadjacked x3..and counting)

phrogpilot73

You're all wrong... Animal House is the greatest comedy followed by the Blues Brothers...Spaceballs/Blazing Saddles are up there as well but not numero uno. Zoolander doesn't even come close.

As far as best movie of all time... Lawrence of Arabia.
Forgot about the Blues Brothers and Blazing Saddles... and Lawrence of Arabia...

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Here are my three favorites regardless of genre.

1. Lonesome Dove - probably the greatest and most accurate western ever made. It's too bad that it was a mini-series because Duvall's role as Augustus McCrae is Oscar material. Favorite line: Gus McCrae: A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke don't want one bad enough.

2. The Great Escape - Steve McQueen, what more do I need to say? Favorite line: Hilts: I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or from the air, and I plan on doing both before the war is over.

3. Raiders of the Lost Ark - One of the best action movies ever made. Favorite line: Indiana: Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
The "Iron Eagle" series is a "must see". Much better than Top Gun.

PLEASE tell me you're being sarcastic. Iron Eagle is a disgrace as a military movie. The whole premise is completely off-kilter. There is no way on God's green earth that a high school kid could get even one, not to mention two, fully-loaded F-16s, jump in, take off, fly halfway around the world, and try and rescue his dad without someone noticing. Besides that, for those in the know, the kid's bird had to be a two-seater to take his dad home. Now, I don't know this for a fact, but I have a pretty good feeling that if you're a pilot of a two-seat fighter, and you don't have a backseater, you'll have a hard time doing much of anything, let alone air-to-air combat. And he wouldn't have been able to make it back to the U.S. even if he did all that. He took off with basically minimal fuel, then the first thing his dad tells him to do is climb and go to afterburner? He'd be out of fuel before he even makes it over the ocean...

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
2. The Great Escape - Steve McQueen, what more do I need to say? Favorite line: Hilts: I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or from the air, and I plan on doing both before the war is over.

Or when they're drinking the moonshine: WOW...
And the entire Fourth of July sequence...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Now, I don't know this for a fact, but I have a pretty good feeling that if you're a pilot of a two-seat fighter, and you don't have a backseater, you'll have a hard time doing much of anything, let alone air-to-air combat.

Unline the F-14 and the F-18 The family model Vipers pretty much have carbon copied cockpits for front and back guy. They were designed more for training and not for a WSO and actually fly without a guy in the back fairly commonly.

Here is a Guard one:

main.php

And here is one from the 35th FS (The Pantons) over at Kunsan:
main.php

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
PLEASE tell me you're being sarcastic. Iron Eagle is a disgrace as a military movie. ....blah, blah, blah.... He'd be out of fuel before he even makes it over the ocean...
You seem to know a lot about this movie.....how many times did you watch it? :eek: :D

Grog

How can you not mention The Bridges at Toko Ri? Mickey Rooney should have gotten an academy award.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This is what happens when Naval AviaTORS land at USAF bases.
ACTUALLY ... I always liked going into Air Force bases on a X-country or on a detachment --- as we always got 1st class treatment from the people at the transient line or the Fleet ramp (on a det) once the AF ground personnel "learned our ways" of operating ... no complaints, here. :)

Same experience in the airlines when flying CRAF.