• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We put 100 rounds through it and it was great. No cycling problems or anything. It was shooting a little low, but I wasn't expecting it to be perfect right out of the box. I am very pleased with it and had a blast shooting it. Now my AR is all mine and she can quit bugging me about getting her one. If only her Glock 19 will come in so I don't have to hear about that one as well.

Can you expound a little more on what kind of ammo you were running (not that it matters, since I can't find any)? These are on sale at the local store and I'm thinking of grabbing one as a lighter option for my GF to shoot since my current .22 has a heavy barrel and "gets heavy after a few minutes."

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I used to worship at the altar of glock.

I'm now a tried and true sig fanboi.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
I finally got a 1911 - it's a Sig.

Took you long enough to 'Merrican the eff up. Tito and I like to just try and see exactly how much 'Merrican is too much for our significant others to bear. You'll never know where the line is until you cross it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I used to worship at the altar of glock.

I'm now a tried and true sig fanboi.

I sold my Gen 4 G26 for a Sig P239. I'm a huge Sig fan but don't get me wrong, there are two Glocks I love, the G17 and 19. My Gen 4 G17 isn't going anywhere, love that thing. So, here is my new to me Sig P239..after 150 rounds of TMJ and JHP :) My new to me Sig P6 does not shoot JHP at this time so it's a FMJ range gun until I get the barrel modified or a Sig 225 barrel. I do love this 239 though..

photo53_zps3d2dabe1.jpg

My Sig collection grows, though I need to include my Sig M400 AR-15 at some point...

photo54_zpsfdd4ec03.jpg

rreagan3

VP-NESS
None
Took you long enough to 'Merrican the eff up. Tito and I like to just try and see exactly how much 'Merrican is too much for our significant others to bear. You'll never know where the line is until you cross it.
To be fair, I ordered it while I was on deployment. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Garand also arrived while I was gone, to complete my championship ensemble. Had to put some points on that shiny new AMEX platinum!

phrogpilot73

Coworker recently bought a Springfield XDs for $599. Bought about $150 of accessories (holster, extra mags, pinky extensions, etc), put 75 rounds through it... And was indifferent about the pistol. He's a huge Sig Fanboy, and I think part of the indiffernce was when he went to the range they had a Sig Nightmare Carry for sale. He said he couldn't justify buying a Sig so soon after buying the XDs. He was going to put it on arms list for $650, but offered it up to me for $600. With everything he bought included. His loss is my gain - I've got me a new carry pistol... :D

f5219f6f-02a1-45f1-97d9-74f662d0efae_zps6a884710.jpg

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
That thing seems like a lot of bullet in not a lot of gun. I get the pocket 9 idea, but I don't know if Springfield hit the mark here with the big boy cartridge.

If its not comfortable to shoot, I won't practice with it, and if I don't practice with it I might as well get a SW air weight and practice sticking it in people's guts, because two meters is about the max effective range at that point. How snappy is it? The 45 does come out a lot slower than most 9s, but it still seems like alot of the equal and opposite reaction type stuff.

phrogpilot73

Picked it up this morning, and I work on base, so... I have no idea how it shoots yet. I'm hoping to get a chance to go this weekend, if I can break myself away from working on my as-is, short sale, fixer-upper house (we signed the contract for new siding/doors just the other day, and I have to start doing some demo before they start).

exNavyOffRec

Coworker recently bought a Springfield XDs for $599. Bought about $150 of accessories (holster, extra mags, pinky extensions, etc), put 75 rounds through it... And was indifferent about the pistol. He's a huge Sig Fanboy, and I think part of the indiffernce was when he went to the range they had a Sig Nightmare Carry for sale. He said he couldn't justify buying a Sig so soon after buying the XDs. He was going to put it on arms list for $650, but offered it up to me for $600. With everything he bought included. His loss is my gain - I've got me a new carry pistol... :D

I just picked up one myself a month ago, I won't say what I bought mine for :) unless you really want to know.

Stick

pilot
Can you expound a little more on what kind of ammo you were running (not that it matters, since I can't find any)? These are on sale at the local store and I'm thinking of grabbing one as a lighter option for my GF to shoot since my current .22 has a heavy barrel and "gets heavy after a few minutes."
I use Federal 36gr. It was a 550 round value pack from Walmart (pre scare) and I wish I could find any descent priced .22lr ammo. I'm not paying $20 for 50 rounds of that right now as I refuse to pay any inflated prices. I would highly recommend picking one up as it is now my favorite .22 out of all of mine. It is very very light compared to my AR. I just put the Magpul AFG2 on it for her.

Swapped out the standard grip on my AR for a BCM Mod 1 and absolutely love the reduced angle. It feels much better and now I need to replace the vfg for the AFG and I will be set for a while on this AR as I have already started building the next one. Just found a complete bcg and snagged it while it was in stock.

Now for the latest purchase for the wife. Just picked it up a few minutes ago. Already swapped out the plastic guide rod for the tungsten. Can't wait to test it out in a few days.
DSC_0131_zps6d33232a.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks Stick. I thought I had read elsewhere that it ran on bulk packs, but it's good to hear you haven't had any issues.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
....very first H&K!!! I've been a Glock, Sig, Walther guy but my local gun store has had a few new P30's for a while but I just happened to notice this particular P30, it was used. I have no problem buying used guns, my daily carry, a Walther PPS is a 2008 model bought 6 months ago and recently purchased a 33 year old Sig P6 but this particular gun still has the factory grease in it. I think maybe it has shot maybe a box of ammo and the factory round put through it. The mags look brand new, never been used. Anyway, bought for $845 and now all it needs is a range trip. I tell yeah, I now understand what folks talk about when they speak of ergonomics, what a perfect fit, without using any of the extra grips included. The trigger pull seems a bit long, as is the reset but I bought the gun for the ergo's and the overall quality.