• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
HKs are nice. Pricey, but nice. I find that as my means expand, so do my tastes.

Yes they are, thus why I probably haven't bought any...then again, my Sig P226 Navy was the same price. This gun is brand new really, it has zero wear, the mags look like they've never been used. It has less than 50 rounds if that through it. Don't care really care, I like guns that are broken in but a good find I think.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You ever done something you really shouldn't have? You don't need "it," but it would be nice to own? And then you come up with reasons why it would "beneficial."

"Well, the barrel profile will stay more accurate with a can attached..."

"It's a reported laser. It doesn't matter how much I suck, at least the rifle will be accurate..."

You get the point. Here's what happened last week:

CA.MK12.close.left.JPG

The Ops Inc has since been replaced with a Surefire brake so another toy can get mounted when I go home. It will actually live on a Noveske lower, but I figured the Colt lower made it look more correct.

Regardless, it's a sweet shooter and is easily a sub-MOA gun if the clown behind it does his job.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It have been ever thus since the dawn of the Republic.

Indeed.

For those familiar with the manufactuer, it's a little bit a of a pain in the ass to communicate with the owner. As it turned out, the first one I got had a bent gas tube. Since he was away on "Navy business" (as his wife put it), I was still able to get it swapped out on the island at the Von's parking lot by his wife last week. Just in time for the weekend and a chance to take it shooting. Great customer service along with a very accurate product.

Stick

pilot
Crappy quality but I was in a hurry to make it to the bar. Got my barrel in the mail the other day so I had to put it on the upper. Almost done with the upper and just waiting for the lower to be ready for pickup.
photo_zps70fa1e16.jpg

exNavyOffRec

Crappy quality but I was in a hurry to make it to the bar. Got my barrel in the mail the other day so I had to put it on the upper. Almost done with the upper and just waiting for the lower to be ready for pickup.
photo_zps70fa1e16.jpg

Nice, I am waiting on a hand guard to finish my second one, hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Stick

pilot
I'm not really in a hurry since this one won't be shot a whole lot until the price of ammo comes down more. I will probably only put a few hundred rounds through it until I can get more .223. But honestly I'm not really looking for .223 to buy right now as I am focusing on .22 because it is so much fun to shoot the M&P 15-22 I got for my wife but took over for myself. Just picked up about 1200 rounds of .22 and heading to the range tomorrow. I'm going through withdrawals because I haven't been to the rang in a month.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Indeed.

For those familiar with the manufactuer, it's a little bit a of a pain in the ass to communicate with the owner. As it turned out, the first one I got had a bent gas tube. Since he was away on "Navy business" (as his wife put it), I was still able to get it swapped out on the island at the Von's parking lot by his wife last week. Just in time for the weekend and a chance to take it shooting. Great customer service along with a very accurate product.

For those that may care... I took my MK 12 to the range today and shot some Black Hills Blue Box (77gr) through it today. I think the Southwest Ammo I have is better stuff, but the BH is still plenty good. I only shot out to 200 yards today, but it EASILY shot *just* under a MOA on the first round. The second round, it opened up to ~1.4-ish MOA, but that was completely the shooter who sent a flyer out. This is a fantastic shooter. Can't wait to put can on it to see what it does.

By the way, part of why my dope was so good was this thing: http://www.magnetospeed.com/

I used someone else's at a Magpul class and ended up getting one. Between two rifles and at least 3 different loads so far, it's been very reliable.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not really in a hurry since this one won't be shot a whole lot until the price of ammo comes down more. I will probably only put a few hundred rounds through it until I can get more .223. But honestly I'm not really looking for .223 to buy right now as I am focusing on .22 because it is so much fun to shoot the M&P 15-22 I got for my wife but took over for myself. Just picked up about 1200 rounds of .22 and heading to the range tomorrow. I'm going through withdrawals because I haven't been to the rang in a month.

I have no issues getting ammo now, the price for .223 is running about 300.00 for 1000 rounds, how does that compare for you?

However even though my hand guard has arrived it appears I have a faulty bolt, so they are going to look at it and probably switch it out next week.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have no issues getting ammo now, the price for .223 is running about 300.00 for 1000 rounds, how does that compare for you?

Where are you finding it at that price? I'm still seeing brass-cased 5.56 for about $.50/round. Personally, I'm set for 5.56 for a while as I stocked up before any of the weirdness happened, but I'm curious where you're seeing it.

Word on the street is stuff will come crashing down in another couple of months, both parts/guns as well as ammo, due to supply finally catching up. The concern is that dealers/stores will be over-stocked and not able to sell for what they bought it for several months earlier. Should be a good time for the consumer, though.

exNavyOffRec

Where are you finding it at that price? I'm still seeing brass-cased 5.56 for about $.50/round. Personally, I'm set for 5.56 for a while as I stocked up before any of the weirdness happened, but I'm curious where you're seeing it.

Word on the street is stuff will come crashing down in another couple of months, both parts/guns as well as ammo, due to supply finally catching up. The concern is that dealers/stores will be over-stocked and not able to sell for what they bought it for several months earlier. Should be a good time for the consumer, though.

Just about pick anywhere outside of CA, but myself and friends of mine are seeing these prices anywhere in WA, OR, UT, ID, MT, ND, and SD I am also seeing stripped lowers for under 100, bought a stripped upper for 55, prices have just fallen, handgun ammo is running for me 65-75 for 9, 40, 45

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just about pick anywhere outside of CA, but myself and friends of mine are seeing these prices anywhere in WA, OR, UT, ID, MT, ND, and SD I am also seeing stripped lowers for under 100, bought a stripped upper for 55, prices have just fallen, handgun ammo is running for me 65-75 for 9, 40, 45

Are you seeing it in store or online, though? If it's in store, then yeah, CA isn't the answer, but nationally, I'm still not regularly seeing Federal m193 for less than ~$.50/round. That's why I'm curious. As for CA...just a few more months until I can get out of here...

If I were in the market for 5.56, I just would have a hard time paying more for Wolf/Tula than I used to pay for M193. I do believe it will come down, but in the mean time, that isn't worth it to me.

exNavyOffRec

Are you seeing it in store or online, though? If it's in store, then yeah, CA isn't the answer, but nationally, I'm still not regularly seeing Federal m193 for less than ~$.50/round. That's why I'm curious. As for CA...just a few more months until I can get out of here...

Gun shows and some gun stores, I think some of the gun stores I visit are still trying to gouge people, I stopped in one and he commented that they and another store get ammo from the same place, but the other place is still jacking up the price.