• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I have a TA-01, which is an older one without the BAC, although I think you could still make that work if you wanted to. I found it on Gunbroker 6+ months ago at about 3/4 of what it was worth and grabbed it. If you have a range long enough, the BDC works great.

yak52driver

Contributor
The club I belong to has a 1200 yard range, which is much longer than I will ever be good enough to use. I will look at Gunbroker, thanks!

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I can't believe how expensive ACOGs have gotten. There is obviously the demand, but ~2k MSRP for a 4x scope? Wow

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Looking at Trijicon's website, I'm only seeing $1600 for the "highest-end" 4x. Definitely not cheap, and certainly more than what you can actually get one for online, but not quite $2k.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
I was mistaken, it is a whopping 5.5 power scope for the low price of $1,964.00. They even throw in a flat top adapter. I'll support any Michigan industry I can though!

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Just purchased a slightly used XD 45 compact, probably less than a 1000 rounds. Looks like the last owner didn't clean it, a bit dirty. I was going for a new XDM 45 but I wanted the dark earth for whatever reason. I added the rubber textured grip and will go to the range this weekend.

DSCF8012.jpg

DSCF8013.jpg

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Good looking gun. You get a good deal?

It was an okay deal, less than $400 before taxes. I guess it depends on how it shoots. I looked up when it was made, 2007 time frame. I will say it looks like it's in great shape. I was going for a brand new XDM 45 but I liked the dark earth color and being it was around $250 cheaper, I went for it. First used gun I've bought. My last two .45's were duds, a Kimber Ultra Carry II that had non-stop extractor issues and a G36 that couldn't go through a 50 round box without have 4-6 FTF's. Fingers crossed.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Paint/duracoat/ceracoat are the great equalizers. If you don't like the color of it, you can always customize.

I think you'll be pleased with BCM products if you're not already. I did a private sale for one a while ago, mainly to use as a backup, and took it to a tactical carbine course to abuse. My wife made me leave her an AR when I ADVON'd to KY, and I left her the old one.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Went to the gun show in Jax this morning. Ended up picking up a Ruger Mk III Target for less than 250, new. I also just mailed off my CMP money; hopefully I'll have my new piece of history before I leave for the sandbox.

I really need to buy a safe. Anybody in the Jax area looking to upgrade safes and want to sell me theirs?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
If you want to drive up to Cherry Point, I'll sell you mine. I need to upgrade to further enable my purchasing...

Is the Mk III Target similar to my Mk II Target, with the relatively longer stainless bull barrel? I love my Mk II. It goes to the range with me most non-competition trips, as it's such a great little skill builder. Great to practice the fundamentals with it, before moving on to larger calibers. But man, is that thing a (comparative) bitch to put back together. But give me it, a box of Super Colibris, and a steady stream of stray cats trying to shit in my yard, and I'll be occupied for HOURS.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
It's 1943 and you're a Lancaster Bombardier walking to your mount for another night raid to show Ol' Adolph the error of his ways and what are you packing along? A Webley revolver of course! In this case I came into a very nice Mk IV in .38 Smith and Wesson. Serial shows built in the pre-WWII series but a little more research will be needed to find out exactly where and when.

The .455 Webley is more desirable but many of those have had the cylinders altered to shoot half-moon clips so you end up having to shoot .45 ACP in them. A friend came up with this for me. The .38 S&W IS NOT the .38 Special as you can see from the shells lined up below it. The .38 S&W is the top, the .38 Special next and then the .357 Mag (sorry, no loaded .38 Sp in the house right now).

$375 got me the pistol in good shape, set of lee dies, 100 rounds of loaded 190 gr ammo and 100 pieces of brass. Kind of like shooting (poorly!) these old pistols. Next up is a neat Colt .44 New Service chambered for .44 Russian. Needs some timing work first though.

Webley.jpg

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
If you want to drive up to Cherry Point, I'll sell you mine. I need to upgrade to further enable my purchasing...

Is the Mk III Target similar to my Mk II Target, with the relatively longer stainless bull barrel? I love my Mk II. It goes to the range with me most non-competition trips, as it's such a great little skill builder. Great to practice the fundamentals with it, before moving on to larger calibers. But man, is that thing a (comparative) bitch to put back together. But give me it, a box of Super Colibris, and a steady stream of stray cats trying to shit in my yard, and I'll be occupied for HOURS.

Yup. The Mk III is a Mk II, with a few minor upgrades. I've come to accept that no .22 LR pistol is easy to put back together, but I picked it up in the hopes it would be something my wife will grow to love to shoot. I learned on a 22 rifle and some kind of browning .22 pistol; hopefully, she'll grow to love punching holes in paper as much as I do, plus, .22 is cheeeeeeaaaaaapppppp.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Other than pulling a bore snake thru it once in a very long while I just stopped cleaning my Mk II Target. (mine doesn't have a bull barrel it has a longer target barrel...it's a beautiful pistol and shoots very well.) The only scratch I have on mine I put on it while trying to break the damn thing down. Anything has to be broken down using a paper clip doesn't need to be broken down.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor

Range report!

Good news. Took the MK III, LC9, Glock 22 and DevilWoman (first time shooter) to the range here in Jax. Devilwoman shot the Mk III and my LC9; she was a little gun shy at first but warmed up to it once she figured out a: shooting stuff is fun and b: she's really fucking good at it (better than I am, not surprising). MKIII had a few fail to feeds, but I'm thinking it's either a magazine break in issue, shitty ammo (armscor), or my wife's interesting method of releasing the bolt. I'm still trying to think of a way to convey to her how to do something that seems second nature to me. Her hands are too small to hold the gun as though you were shooting it, thumb the release AND pull the bolt back and let it go. Weird. However, the gun went bang every single time, once we got the feed issue worked out.

The MK III lived up to its reputation as a fun, accurate as hell, easy to shoot, reliable plinker. We had a blast with it. Besides the magazine feed issues, it ran through everything as fast as we could pull the sweeeeeeeeeet trigger. Good gun, great value, not going to sell this one in a million years. The grip angle and slim profile made it easy for Devilwoman to shoot, and I like that everything is in the exact same place as it is on a 1911. Best part: 500 rounds through it cost me less than 20 bucks. It's relatively heavy, but well balanced. Recoil on a 22 is obviously minimal, and the weight and balance helped me punch a quarter size hole in the target at 10 yards all day. Fun fun fun. The wifey liked it a lot. She did ask me if it was a pussy gun, and I said no, dear. It's a training gun.

Only problem she had was with the general saturday morning range retards shooting hand cannons in the next stall. I doubled up her hearing protection, and she was better, but she still didn't like the fact that the people were retarded and had guns. Merrica, Fuck yea!

She was unsure of the LC9 at first, so I loaded it up with 2 rounds and had her shoot at the 7 yard line. I told her "take it off safe, point for the middle of the square, pull it till it goes bang twice, and we'll see where they end up." 2 9mm size holes directly in the middle of the 10 ring allowed me to shut the hell up. When I finally got to play with it, the LC9 ran like a champ through 200 rounds. No FTF, FTE, or feed issues. I like the sights, accuracy is better than I am, and it's comfortable in my hands. I like the single stack. I started shooting with the double stack glock, and I'm good with it with practice, but I really like the way the LC9 fits my carnie hands. The safety is easy to take off safe, hard to put on. I like that, especially in a gun designed for concealed carry. Devilwoman liked that it had a safety; something she could look at and immediately tell whether the gun was on safe or not. I'm not a huge fan of external safeties as I don't think they promote good handling practices, but I didn't have any other problem with this one. Trigger pull is weird; the best thing to compare it to is shooting a revolver. It is looooooooong, at best. If theres one issue I've got with the gun, it's the trigger. I may take it to a smith and see what they can do for it.

By the time I got to shoot my glock, I was too worn out to actually care. I put 2 magazines through it just for funzies and to give myself a reason to break it down and clean it, but other than that, it was a pretty good day. As usual, it ate everything, put it close enough to center mass to satisfy me, and made a loud boom. Me love it long time.

A few more of these days and she may be up for going to a gun store and picking something out she can actually carry for self defense. We'll see.