• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Floppy_D

I am the hunted
I hadn't thought about 200 per mag. We'll see if I wind up going down the handloading rabbit hole or not.

That's a slippery slope, by the way. One day you're on a Lee single-stage kit trying to put together 30-06 rounds for fun, and 3 years later you're trying to rationalize to your SO why you need a dozen buckets of brass and why cars can't be parked in the garage.

I pick up used wheel weights and cast them into this:
100_6407.jpg

to make a pile of these:
100_6410.jpg

to feed this:
100_6413.jpg

Casting my own, I make 45 acp and 45 Colt for less than $5/100.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Appropriate this thread came up now, I finally just upgraded my standard AR-15 with some parts from cheaperthandirt.

CAMike, I think you and me have the same bipod, how do you like it? Planning on shooting it for the first time this weekend, we'll see how I like the vertical foregrip. Any reccomendations for optics (<100 yards) that won't break the bank?

16549_681011166376_37508246_38676126_3494408_n.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
The thing is, USUALLY (being the key word), I can talk a dealer down on a price (though often time its slightly inflated anyways). Especially If I happen to be purchasing ammo or mags at the same time. This may just be a SD thing. Maybe talking down a stubborn texan is a lil out of my league. ;)

Buying on line could very well be a lazy internet commando thing on my part. I have pretty good luck talking dealers down at gun shows too.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I have the worst experiences buying gun parts online. . .

(Still no lowers. . .and he's stopped replying to my e-mails)

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
That's a slippery slope, by the way. One day you're on a Lee single-stage kit trying to put together 30-06 rounds for fun, and 3 years later you're trying to rationalize to your SO why you need a dozen buckets of brass and why cars can't be parked in the garage.

I'm not overly fearful for our garage--my beloved Oilcover is and was a car guy long before he became a burgeoning gun nut. At this point I'm still marveling at how little space the handgun hobby takes in comparison. :D

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I have the worst experiences buying gun parts online. . .

(Still no lowers. . .and he's stopped replying to my e-mails)

I have never before and I don't think I ever will again see anything like that. Worst I've ever had happen to me was a longer lead time than I expected. I currently have an upper being held at UPS because I fat fingered my own shipping address but that's my fault.

The only thing I'm going to change is no more "group" buys.

I sure am glad I didn't turn you guys on to that Deal.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Let me guess, Del-Ton? My 6-8 weeks turned into 28, but it was worth it:

Good guess but actually it was the same yahoo's (2nd Amemdment Arms) that PropAddict never got his stuff from. Took forever but MasterBates and I got ours. For some reason PropAddict is getting the shaft big time. The lowers were fine. In fact yesterday I shot a rifle I built using one of them. Worked just fine.

Sabre Defense makes good stuff. Great buy even with a long wait.

Any reccomendations for optics (<100 yards) that won't break the bank?

If you like EOtech stuff Whitesoxnation's suggestion to look at the Bushnell HOLOsight is a good one. I think I'm correct in saying they are made by the same guys. The Bushnell version isn't "SEAL type" waterproofed and doesn't have night vision capability but to us average joe's that may not matter. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one but then again I have two that are waterproof and NV capable. YMMV. As for breaking the bank well that's a relative thing.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-holosight.html

Optics Planet has lot's of good inexpensive options and Bushnell make several of them.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Has anyone had any experience with the EOtech magnifiers? I'm tempted to see just how much accuracy I can squeeze out of my M4gery, but with iron sights, and even the EOTech, I've been hard pressed to better 3 inches at 100yds, even with Hornaday match ammo. Granted, the problem there may just be the loose nut on the trigger. :D

I've read the marketing mumbo-jumbo about how the EOTech with a magnifier is the best thing since sliced bread for medium distance shooting, etc. etc. But I was curious if anyone's actually run one and what their impressions are.

At any rate, the whole combo'd still be $400 less than an ACOG . . . :icon_tong

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Has anyone had any experience with the EOtech magnifiers? I'm tempted to see just how much accuracy I can squeeze out of my M4gery, but with iron sights, and even the EOTech, I've been hard pressed to better 3 inches at 100yds, even with Hornaday match ammo. Granted, the problem there may just be the loose nut on the trigger. :D

I've read the marketing mumbo-jumbo about how the EOTech with a magnifier is the best thing since sliced bread for medium distance shooting, etc. etc. But I was curious if anyone's actually run one and what their impressions are.

At any rate, the whole combo'd still be $400 less than an ACOG . . . :icon_tong

Well no one know's better than you guys about what happens, both good and bad, when you try to use a single "platform" for multiple uses. At some point it starts making sense just to buy another platform. IMHO where the good stops and the bad begins depends on who you ask.

I don't have any personal experience with EOtech's magnifier but I know it's pricey. I also know there is at least one clone that people say works well and is much cheaper. I've thought seriously about buying one (the real one not the clone). I already have both my EOtech's mounted on Larue mounts designed to let you add a magnifier/NV. I've just never been able to talk myself to spend my money on one. At least not yet.

I have an ACOG which I love but for the kind of shooting I do my EOtech seems to work better for me. (Tough for a Marine type to say)

I keep thinking about one of the mid priced "true" 1X to 4Xish scopes that are out there. But then that's a new platform......

CAMike

None
Contributor
A4's- I'm in CA so Kalish pistols are fairly challenging to come by. Is that by chance a Lancaster pistol? Mike at Lancaster recently quoted me $799 for their CA compliant bullet button version. I realize it's not practical- but tactical applications? A possibility with that rig. Is it chambered in 7.62x39?