• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Suppress that badboy for even more fun. :D

Warning...pedantic explanation:

The overall configuration is setup to (in order of priority), a) make it mirror my two main 2-gun rifles (a 12.5" and 16"), and b) keep it Title 1 for convenience. In order for a) to be successful, I have the 10" rail for matching ergos and a 9mm brake which pretty closely matches the recoil impulse of my go-to 12.5" 5.56 gun. The delayed blow back design is still a little snappier than 5.56, but the brake and barrel length make it pretty damn close.

Because of all of that, and since I only own one pistol can, I don't really have a way or need to suppress it. Yes, I could cut the barrel down and put it on an existing Title 2 lower, but meh. It works so well as it is. Since it's a training gun, I just ignore the barrel length vs caliber elephant in the room. Unfortunately, a PCC is the only way I can work dynamic movement with a rifle or rifle/pistol right now due to my old range closing.

This is a 416 - yes? (HK upper at least?)

Nein. It's a CMMG Delayed blowback URG with a Centurion Arms C4 rail.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

The overall configuration is setup to (in order of priority), a) make it mirror my two main 2-gun rifles (a 12.5" and 16"), and b) keep it Title 1 for convenience. In order for a) to be successful, I have the 10" rail for matching ergos and a 9mm brake which pretty closely matches the recoil impulse of my go-to 12.5" 5.56 gun. The delayed blow back design is still a little snappier than 5.56, but the brake and barrel length make it pretty damn close.

Because of all of that, and since I only own one pistol can, I don't really have a way or need to suppress it. Yes, I could cut the barrel down and put it on an existing Title 2 lower, but meh. It works so well as it is. Since it's a training gun, I just ignore the barrel length vs caliber elephant in the room. Unfortunately, a PCC is the only way I can work dynamic movement with a rifle or rifle/pistol right now due to my old range closing.

Gotcha- you're more concerned with overall length than suppressing. Of course you know adding a suppressor doesn't make the carbine itself an NFA item, and suppressors can cross state lines without any need for ATF notification (unlike SBRs, for example.)*

Either way, enjoy! :D

*explanation added for those who may not know as much about NFA items.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

Ahh - I should have looked at the box of 9mm - PCC - gotcha!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I just did a very bad thing.......Given my level of boredom (I just retired) and my long support for Israel I bought this beautiful pig. Israeli FN FAL Light Barrel ROMAT built some years ago by ARS (Arizona Response Systems). It's a clone but built from a surplus parts kit, plus an aftermarket receiver and barrel. I pick it up this morning. It won't be the most useful weapon in my safe but damn she's so ugly she's beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1360.jpeg
    IMG_1360.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 26

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I just did a very bad thing.....

I see your bad thing and raise you another...

This is what happens when you learn about a new toy the military bought and then research it some more. You end up wanting one. Amazingly, this one fell into my lap at the right time. The handguard isn't correct, but I don't think I'll ever get my hands on the older one the Marines are using right now. The secondary market even seems pretty scavenged. And since I don't own a NT4, it will have to live with a Surefire A2 mount which looks pretty close to a NT4 FH.

Not factory assembled, but everything on the upper except the barrel, gas block/regulator, and the flash hider is the correct A5 OEM part. It was a pretty lucky find.

53273126996_d3b502d7ad_h.jpg

ChuckMK23

pilot
I see your bad thing and raise you another...

This is what happens when you learn about a new toy the military bought and then research it some more. You end up wanting one. Amazingly, this one fell into my lap at the right time. The handguard isn't correct, but I don't think I'll ever get my hands on the older one the Marines are using right now. The secondary market even seems pretty scavenged. And since I don't own a NT4, it will have to live with a Surefire A2 mount which looks pretty close to a NT4 FH.

Not factory assembled, but everything on the upper except the barrel, gas block/regulator, and the flash hider is the correct A5 OEM part. It was a pretty lucky find.

53273126996_d3b502d7ad_h.jpg
cannot come close to topping @Gatordev 's new toy - however I am very pleased with the Magpul X22 stock for my 50th Anniversary Edition Ruger 10/22! Looks cool, great ergonomics - after working all weekend, I'll be heading to the range this week on my comp days!

1702247394548.png

ChuckMK23

pilot
12 degrees F today - too damn cold for any range time. A quick disassemble, clean and lube of my 30,000 round + Kimber Custom II in .45 ACP. Wilson 47D 8-round magazine. Magpul grips. Wilson Custom trigger. My favorite firearm by far.

ABLVV879iPu_cSZeK746yz1Z1v07vtS2pPIlcaRrLwp2lH6NjHAiW4RLN5w6uwXdAtaMZ4rFuVnn2MWrsKVO1gcUSvP2vbxxU-2JyzHTHC3SIsWzKpiv_2-oifN27rdVhN0x6eqQMAAxQ9YbraBB1OzMTt6j2_SkRaku26WqOa0nqBIwIBJKLpS5cyZGqWsA3Cc4yXUgFne4PkPD4PyVDl22HroLLGcKmzGiooAHlrpRffD63XFsnE3zXDbKDqAbH_h58O3lv-HMrj8EUnZ9Tvhuk5BRmFinJHRzZ1hsLzbcTEE2qUrYVDiqREtUHfMlmPqEXQfc2um3Nbg14wxiBZzLM_W0bP0WKMEblyrre_eQ-4rImkz8KY4s5XWWMBWCr1OKJau2-j2_9senZ6jtD1EQ8UhPCSna8zs1dTYe6g-zWa4PteYJL66_G8wxbKCXWRshd-1eUG2TyKj7mZoYviNhUAp06SENA_hIsx6_VpNUj3hVClteH-R7QZAh02x2ydYHlahPObkrIL3cqjx4MSa8Q_vG0TZKxxteO6cJgW2hlXu4jWeSERncNiOMTSFLbvck9RZVXvT782L6NckUxO078XNQmv47YaYmKMBLhXkg1o2whznvppNShOCR8VtmPh14RNIB1E8F6pH-t6OzcldNEu93gxXjCBAYr12WvY-2maqCz36pWzff1m8eOvrZmyujvUPA7RZsmwc1mcueYPfk_HacQAsnJiNpUCFy7N6tykwbpai7ue6m46zmHq897oENdDEQueN5vkMdZjnwGm5EHgnuLzv3akAKuE5YToKk4k5kGhjoSgHMYCq2OytR4EQtbTbXx2Sr0gje24R71yLwFV2tFmSHzd4eHCPL0iyuwILO5UWvgOOI9Tvpv1hd-mz6hXzpe40=w1456-h980-s-no-gm

number9

Contributor
I went to the range yesterday for the first time since I had kids. Went with some of the guys from my unit, and took my Garand (which I've never even fired) with me. Some minor bullying encouragement and I tried to hit steel targets at 200yds. Took about 10 rounds and a bunch of rear sight adjustments, but I got there!
IMG_9556.JPG

number9

Contributor
I also got some more practice in with my AR, which is a mostly stock SIG M400. I have a Romeo5 red dot on it, which is fine.. any suggestions on what magnifier to add? Should I with a Juliet, or spring for something a little fancier like a Holosun?

ChuckMK23

pilot
The optic being mounted backwards is just too much. That optic costs more than the entire rifle...

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Holy mother of God. Thats so inexcusably awful that I hope it turns out to be photoshopped or something.

If it’s real, I don’t know who I’m more disappointed in- the captain, for shooting a rifle with an optic he clearly can’t see through, or the armorer for setting up the rifle that way in the first place. Or the RSO for not doing something about “hey, that looks different…”

This speaks volumes to the USN’s complete lack of regard for small arms. Unless you’re a SEAL, the attitude seems to be that small arms are somehow a.) beneath us and 2.) too dangerous and complicated to ever be understood, even by people who operate far more complicated weapon systems (e.g. fighter pilots who are not permitted to load their combat-carry pistols).