• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Missing T-34

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuggyU2

None
I don't see the harm in asking for official word.
Seriously. Do you honestly think that when "official releases" become available, that they won't be posted here within a millisecond after their release?

Bevo16

pilot
Just asking if anyone had found some articles that I haven't seen yet. I don't see the harm in asking for official word.

For any situation where a military member's status is uncertain, the command issues a DUSTWUN (Duty Status: Whereabouts Unknown) casualty report. This is a way for the command to legally account for them while a search is ongoing. If the local Public Affairs people are paying attention and know their instructions, "Official Word" can only come out 24 hours after the last Next-Of-Kin gets notified that the member is DUSTWUN.

When you consider that a command has 4 hours from the time of the incident to cut the PCR, then the region has to designate a CACO, then the CACO has to locate the NOK, it is almost always 48 hours or more from the time of the incident until names can be officially released.

Does that timeline get screwed up from time to time? Yes. Mostly because people don't know the rules and can't STFU.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
people wonder why the military tells them not to tell spouses anything. It's because the first thing their gonna do is post what they know online

From the caller.com
"mistyrose writes:my husband works at nascc and works on the bigger planes like the one that is missing and he told me today that they dont even know what happend to the plane and they are already trying to pin this on someone..." :rolleyes:.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
From the caller.com
"mistyrose writes:my husband works at nascc and works on the bigger planes like the one that is missing and he told me today that they dont even know what happend to the plane and they are already trying to pin this on someone..." :rolleyes:.

Gotta love it when these morons use mishaps like this to try and make themselves feel special and "informed".......not to mention that she and her husband are very clearly out of the loop

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I like this gem:
Atlas_Shrugged writes:

"I saw a Navy Jet crash into the bay as it was taking off. It rolled sideways and ejected both pilots straight into the bay. Both lost there lives. I was just driving down Ocean Drive toward the base when it happened. God bless the pilots."

Unless this guy is talking about a prior mishap..just another reason to feed the rumor mill.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
people wonder why the military tells them not to tell spouses anything. It's because the first thing their gonna do is post what they know online

From the caller.com

just fyi, thats civilian contract maintenance

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
just fyi, thats civilian contract maintenance

Because military wives behave much different . . . Not really, it's all a big rumor mill. As has been said before, just stfu and let the process work. One only needs to look at the FY10 STA-21 thread to see how full retard works when people have nothing but time and are anxiously awaiting some information.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
Seriously. Do you honestly think that when "official releases" become available, that they won't be posted here within a millisecond after their release?

Next time something bad happens I'll be sure I don't show any concern for their well-being.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Next time something bad happens I'll be sure I don't show any concern for their well-being.

How about securing the self-centered attitude here. Unless you're the next of kin, you have no dog in this fight. However well-intentioned, you obviously don't understand the big picture issues at hand. You need to report to your command's ASO for remedial training. I'm not kidding.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.