• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miserable Stash Jobs

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
I'm stashed at one of the local elementary schools. I spend a couple days a week coloring and teaching kids how to read. It's actually kind of rewarding and funny most of the time.

Funny story side note...I walked in the classroom last week still carrying my helmet and jacket from the ride to "work" and had this conversation with 6-year-old Bryan.

Bryan: "Do you ride a motorcycle?"
Me: "Yes I do. Do you ride one too?"
Bryan: "I hope you die."
Me: "Oh. Well...finish your coloring."

Kids say the darndest things...little bastards.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I'm stashed at one of the local elementary schools. I spend a couple days a week coloring and teaching kids how to read. It's actually kind of rewarding and funny most of the time.

Funny story side note...I walked in the classroom last week still carrying my helmet and jacket from the ride to "work" and had this conversation with 6-year-old Bryan.

LOL. You should have fought him, that would make a great story. This kind of reminds of that Role Models movie.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

This makes me wish that teachers had the ability to administer corporal punishment. That urchin deserves a swift smack in the mouth.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Watch your back if you get him in the schoolyard, Those first graders like to use the swarm tactic.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
It was mentioned earlier. The worst stash on the face of the planet is MESS DUTY. Burning shitters is a very close second.

What makes mess duty worse is that it NEVER ENDS.

No O-1 has ever had a stash job worse than a typical E-1 or E-2 or E-3. I NEVER want to repeat my first year in the Marine Corps.

20931788.Burningshitters467.jpg

080609-M-8974P-039_low.jpg

porw0004

standard-issue stud v2.0
pilot
This makes me wish that teachers had the ability to administer corporal punishment. That urchin deserves a swift smack in the mouth.

Based on what I've heard of that school, he may unfortunately be fated to get something in the mouth, most likely as payment for crack.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
A Sailor bitching about his job?! Noooooo, say it ain't so!

I'm pretty happy with my stash job. Getting paid an extra $55 a day, 3 nights free at a major hotel chain and a new set of Callaway clubs. And all I gotta do is teach kids how to strap in and bailout of the -34. But I am going to have to put the hours in! T/W/Th 0500-1300. Oh, and I'm going to be in VA Beach.