• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Miserable Stash Jobs

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
you should become a powerpoint god.

Don't know about that, it depends on how long he's stashed... you have to work your way up the ppt levels-

powerpoint monkey (100 level)
-able to change font size, color, bold, etc. but lacking sufficient knowledge, skill, or ability
powerpoint guru (200 level)
-able to change fonts, etc., use graphic files and autoshapes
-minor deviations with timely corrections within standards are allowed provided they are brief, minor, and do not affect safety of powerpoint
powerpoint ninja (300 level)
-utilizes simple animation and embedded video
-meets or exceeds standards
powerpoint dungeon master (400 level)
-uses complex mutimedia: animation, embedded video, hyperlinks, and sound
-emphasis on style/format/gee-whiz vs content; actual presentations may have very little content overall and this is preferred
powerpoint god/SWTI (500 level)
-able to recite Office help by memory including applicable notes/warnings/cautions, deviations are very minor

:)

tlord82

pilot
I am currently in what is quite possibly the most miserable stash job in the history of stash jobs.

I work at the Naval Mine and Anit-Submarine Warfare Command CC (NMASW). I'm basically working for the Executive Director (retired O-6) and his Deputy (retired O-5). My day pretty much consists of walking in the door, being handed a stack of papers and told "make this into a powerpoint presentation that will later be viewed by a two star admiral." It wouldn't be that bad, except all of the SWO mumbo jumbo is completely greek to me. I can literally read it five time and still have no clue what it says and they expect me somehow know this stuff. They'll hand me a 28 page document and tell me to pick out the pertinent information. Its really frustrating, to say the least. Not to mention I work from like 0730 to at least 1400 daily.

So, as I'm sitting here overwhelmed by this mumbo jumbo, it inspired this thread. I've set out on a mission to see if this is in fact the most miserable stash job in the history of stash jobs. If you think you've ever worked in a more miserable stash job, please share.

-Ken

Just so it's clear...SHUT THE FUCK UP. Let me know when you get your ass IA'd to beautiful Al Asad or some other garden spot to do similar bitch staff work where you don't get to go home and drink a beer at 1400; you get to go to your wonderful can (if you're lucky). I don't bitch about my IA because I learned a hell of a lot of MAGTF'ery, met some great people, and did my best to uphold the great tradition of aviators by pissing off the grunts at any and all times (generally by telling them, "why yes, I am collecting flight pay while I'm over here") . That being said, when I finally hopped back into a Hornet and it took me for-fucking-ever to get out of the line and my proverbial bucket seemed to fill up quicker than I remember, my fond memories of my field trip turned a bit nastier. So we don't need to hear about your shitty little job. We've all had them or we're all gonna get them. And you know what? I kinda like that aspect of this career.
Work hard, produce a good product, and learn something.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You think it's a pain in the ass now? Wait till your married and have to deal with desperate housewives and oprah reruns after 7 hours of office work... I keed sweetie.

I thought I was home free when I found out dancing with the D-list was over last night...but apparently it just means that it's time for a new bachelor or bachelorette seasons. fml.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
There's always something. I think that Tori and Dean is the next new abortion playing on our TV. At least MNF is only 4 short months away...SHIT! How I long for the cruise time "Roll 'ems"

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
I thought I was home free when I found out dancing with the D-list was over last night...but apparently it just means that it's time for a new bachelor or bachelorette seasons. fml.
I submit, for your approval:
blues.jpg
dora.jpg
Backyardigans.jpg

I still think they are better than Dancing with the Stars and the Bachelor. That crap makes me want to kill myself.

To the OP- Yeah, your job does sound like it sucks. Don't let the crabby posters get to you. You'll have your time in your "Big Boy Squadron," doing crap you hate. Hell, I bet the chances of an IA in your future are pretty damn good. I understand that you want to get on with your training, not to mention FINALLY get to JAX/VP30 and actually start your life (then you get to move AGAIN!!).

I can't even believe that I'm saying this, but zab actually had a point (somewhere): Grow where you're planted. It may sucks ass now, but look at it this way, you're not only getting knowledge that none of the other studs have (knowledge is power) BUT... you now have connections. An O6 is still an O6, even when they're retired.

You're probably not going to get any sympathy, but noone ever does around here. I do get where you're coming from.

fwiw- I'm a level 400 'powerpoint dungeon master' (used to be an engi-nerd in my past life... pre-pickle)
:D

ricecold

pilot
You think it's a pain in the ass now? Wait till your married and have to deal with desperate housewives and oprah reruns after 7 hours of office work... I keed sweetie.

Were you peering through my windows during my time in the pool here in Corpus? I had to put up with that same shit. A guy can only take a few minutes of Lifetime a day before his head explodes or he turns gay...neither option is desirable. On a side note, its good to see John Stamos has found work again.

MasterBates

Yes, because modern cartoons are all this touchy-feel Dora the Explorer crap with a "message"

Bring back the mother truckin' Road Runner and Wiley E. Coyote

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I submit, for your approval:
blues.jpg
dora.jpg
Backyardigans.jpg

I still think they are better than Dancing with the Stars and the Bachelor. That crap makes me want to kill myself.

To the OP- Yeah, your job does sound like it sucks. Don't let the crabby posters get to you. You'll have your time in your "Big Boy Squadron," doing crap you hate. Hell, I bet the chances of an IA in your future are pretty damn good. I understand that you want to get on with your training, not to mention FINALLY get to JAX/VP30 and actually start your life (then you get to move AGAIN!!).

I can't even believe that I'm saying this, but zab actually had a point (somewhere): Grow where you're planted. It may sucks ass now, but look at it this way, you're not only getting knowledge that none of the other studs have (knowledge is power) BUT... you now have connections. An O6 is still an O6, even when they're retired.

You're probably not going to get any sympathy, but noone ever does around here. I do get where you're coming from.

fwiw- I'm a level 400 'powerpoint dungeon master' (used to be an engi-nerd in my past life... pre-pickle)
:D

Reality check:
Dont take career advice if it includes cartoons.

To the OP: I am sure you have pissed away any benefit from the "connections" with your shitty attitude and your post.

Are you sleeping on a boat, in a can, under a HUMVEE? Getting shot at? Eating MREs? If not STFU, the country is at WAR.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yes, because modern cartoons are all this touchy-feel Dora the Explorer crap with a "message"

Bring back the mother truckin' Road Runner and Wiley E. Coyote

I'm a fan of old school X-Men, Transformers, and GI Joe's.

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Reality check:
Dont take career advice if it includes cartoons.

To the OP: I am sure you have pissed away any benefit from the "connections" with your shitty attitude and your post.

Are you sleeping on a boat, in a can, under a HUMVEE? Getting shot at? Eating MREs? If not STFU, the country is at WAR.
You all bitch about not getting to the O Club enough, beer to drink or getting laid.

FWIW- My MIL is a retired O6, ass. Stop being bitter.