• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Microsim CD for T-34C

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Alright, this deal that I can d'load through FTP, it's for MS Flight Sim 2002? How hard is it to get the file from JG's place to mine, and then onto the game? I'm pretty computer literate, but I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start downloading. I'll be on a cable modem. THanks.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
not too hard, it only requires the shareware program winrar. other than that it's cake.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
All you do is download the 29 volumes the exact same way you would copy and paste a file from one folder to another on your computer. FTP client is built into XP so just go to ftp://whatever.com and there will just be normal folders and files. (This is an example ftp but go ahead and try it, who knows)
Now, the files are RAR format so you will need winRAR to extract after you have downloaded. There are 28 volumes labeled .r00 through .r27 and a main file labeled .rar. After all is downloaded, extract the one labeled .rar, and an .iso file will be created. This file is an image file for a cd, and most burner programs will write this to disk.
After that, its as easy as intalling the game itself. Just stick the disk back in and let it autorun. A list of intructions in the manual will help with this part (found under downloads at https://wwwcfs.cnet.navy.mil/microsimptt/ )
Anything better than dial up will be ok. BUT only one person can download at a time since this is from my house. I am hoping that once a few people get it on their computers, they will also be willing to share. This will help spread the files a bit faster. If anyone is interested, let me know and I will help you set up a VERY simple FTP server. Hope this helps!

GOOD FLYING!

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Someone wrote me an email today that had downloaded it from me, and said they were having trouble making it work on FS2004. The manual says specifically FS2002. Your best bet would be to email microsim and ask them, or just get a copy of FS2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.