• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Microsim CD for T-34C

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilber

pilot
Does anyone have the new Microsim CD for flight sim 2002? You can't download it online, but there are many people out there who have it. In fact, I was told that there are two CDs (one is scenery, and the other one is the T-34C for flight sim 2002). If you do have it, how can we get it? Microsim people will not be giving it out for another 4 months. Thanks.

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
I would also love to have a copy. Can't find one online anywhere.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
ditto. i heard some rumors that they'd be releasing a t-34 model (flight sharacteristocs, cockpit, etc) for FS2004, but didn't know when. I would *love* a copy.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've got a v1.05 and a v2.0 sitting here that I'll never use again, but i don't feel like going through the hassle of mailing them.

How about this. I'll rip them to a iso format and anyone who can either host them is welcome to. I don't have enough space to make them publicly available, otherwise i would.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before you freak out, keep in mind these are full CD's ripped into an image file (.iso format) and then split into 15mb volumes.

version 1.05 (for FS98 and 00) is 672mb (48 volumes)
version 2.0 (for FS02) is 405mb (29 volumes)

To extract them, you'll need WinRAR and a burning program that can burn .iso's (I like Nero, but EZ, Clone, and just about any other should do it)

Still have room for them?

Perhaps someone might want to store them as a "permanent gouge" type thing for people on this board...I dunno.

Lemme know if you still want them, if so, I can FTP them to you overnight.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
i think I only have 256MB storage on the FSU server. PM webmaster. I think it would be a great idea to permanently host them here! I'm willing to bet a large number of people would like to utilize it.

DABEAN81

Hey i dont really know much about computers, but would it be possible to send that kind of thing over kazaa or another file sharer? I'd kill to get that program

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
That sucks for ya'll. In corpus they had CD's that you could check out with everything on a self-extracting installer. It kinda sucks though, cuz it messes up the rest of the sim and the radios and GPS on the other planes don't work right. I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. The only thing I found it helpful on was visualizing course rules. Everything else can be chair-flown.

jg5343

pilot
I am currently downloading 2.0, and should have it up by tomorrow. I will let you know how to get it if you PM me your email. It is very large so make sure you have space before you PM me. Thanks Squeeze for all your patience with my FTP server.

jg5343

pilot
Ok, it is 405 MB and I have it up and running. This will be done from my house for now so I will only make it available at night or when I am not at home. If you want it, let me know, and all you have to do is download it from my FTP server. I recommend XP because of the built in FTP capabilities, but any FTP client should work. Allow 3-6 hours depending on your connection. If you are dial-up, I would recommend some other method of obtaining the program.
I have had a chance to play with it a little bit, and like Blacky said, it is really only good for visual stuff. But all the tools are there for you to use anyway.

Come and get it!!

jg5343

pilot
Also, everyone please thank Squeeze for his effort in sending them to me. I gave him more than his share of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.