• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mice!!!

What to do with the mice when I catch them?

• Drown in sink, throw in field as a warning to others

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Flush directly to black water tank (think CHT)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Release outside. (chick option)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Mice are tasty! Eat them!

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Don't forget to get some Rat Guards for your power lines and anything else they can crawl on in order to invade the Puma.

Attachments

• RAT GUARDS.jpg
    RAT GUARDS.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 117

UCbearcat

Lawn Dart
pilot

Now that's a fun idea. You can get those things at Harbor Freight too. Humane my ass. Runs off of 4 AA batteries. I don't see it "zapping" them, but more like "electrocuting and frying" them. :D

But on a serious note. When I was living at home, we would just figure out where the vermin would hide and set traps in that area. It always worked just fine for us. But big rats are a different story. I don't have any experience with those. Good luck.

FlybyWired06

The ultimate trap bait: REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

It's not as messy as peanut butter alone and one candy cup will supply upwards of 10 traps. The little buggers get a whiff of that sweet PB and chocolate and come running...right into the awaiting arms of your trap. We use Reese's with standard traps at our cabin, which is full of easy mice access holes, and we haven't had a mouse problem for years...

Sticky traps work too...they'll catch more than one mouse at a time!

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
One of the more inventive things I've seen was as follows: Catch four mice. Take three, pet them, feed them 3x daily, give them a warm, comfortable place to sleep. Take remaining mouse, feed it nothing but Beefcake 3000 and Ripped Fuel, and keep it in total darkness for 2-3 weeks. Invite friends over, take bets, and place all four mice into an arena of death. Enjoy.

I like this one the best.

MrSaturn

Contributor
0920-mouse.jpg

I like the gravity trap myself. I caught two with this cheap method at the academy.

I hate killing them, its an invaluable asset to be used. I would much rather catch them and put them to use playing tricks on people. Throw them in ready rooms during briefs or put in sims or in people's mailboxes. Tie it to a string tied to a dollar bill and watch hobos chase after them...

The possibilities are endless...