• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Me 262 rebuilt

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
A noble effort. $650k actually seems like a bargain.
Good to see them in the air, imagine a B-17, B-24, ME262, P-51, FW190, ME109, P-47, P-38 form flyby. Throw in a Lancaster too...
I'd remember that forever.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you and a few buddies were willing to pool your money for a replica -262, could one make your money back on the airshow circuit? I've no idea what kind of fees you could command, but if you could pay off the plane with a few seasons' flying...hell, I've heard of worse investments.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
A noble effort. $650k actually seems like a bargain.
Good to see them in the air, imagine a B-17, B-24, ME262, P-51, FW190, ME109, P-47, P-38 form flyby. Throw in a Lancaster too...
I'd remember that forever.

The Lancaster doing a flyby at night with a ground searchlight illuminating it. Now THAT would be something I would remember forever.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
The Warbird circuit doesn't seem to be so much about making money but more about deferring maintenance/operating costs and lodging through networking.
It seems doable to fly around and sleep, eat and drink for free. Take A & P's up to offset maintenance, help guys work on their warbirds for return favors and the like. Just my tiny observation and a great way to ride out into the sunset for a few years...