• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

McCain's Surprise VP Pick; governor, pilot, and can wield an M4

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... And with McCain's old ass in office ....
You know ... I don't know who the fuck you are or who the fuck you "think" you are --- but you're a new guy here and therefore on a short leash. It just got shorter ...

This outstanding forum is designed to forward the pursuit of Naval Aviation -- it's not set up to take gratuitous shots at a Naval Aviator who was a former POW. We take some liberties w/ the "War Zone" and political discussions are always on the "edge" in a Ready Room, but you crossed the line.

I also don't give a fuck what your politics are -- everyone's got their own thing; and you are entitled to your views no matter how superficial or facile they might be ....

But one more wise-ass disrespectful swipe at someone who's bled & sacrificed for this country and you're gonna have to go elsewhere to vent your political screed.

Roger that??? Or do you feel lucky??? :)

You know ... I don't know who the fuck you are or who the fuck you "think" you are --- but you're a new guy here and therefore on a short leash. It just got shorter ...

This outstanding forum is designed to forward the pursuit of Naval Aviation -- it's not set up to take gratuitous shots at a Naval Aviator who was a former POW. We take some liberties w/ the "War Zone" and political discussions are always on the "edge" in a Ready Room, but you crossed the line.

I also don't give a fuck what your politics are -- everyone's got their own thing; and you are entitled to your views no matter how superficial or facile they might be ....

But one more wise-ass disrespectful swipe at someone who's bled & sacrificed for this country and you're gonna have to go elsewhere to vent your political screed.

Roger that??? Or do you feel lucky??? :)

Hahaha, whatever dude. Ban me if you please. You are ridiculous. So you can be disrespectful towards me when you have NEVER seen combat ON THE GROUND? I am a 2 tour veteran in a combat unit buddy. Don't get it twisted. I've seen more shit than you can ever imagine from your plane.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
HAHAHAHHAA. Mine's even better...

Smacked_in_ATL
Banned
icon_star_bronze.gif

reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif

you POS
dude, you think you are cool with your negative REP points? Neg bang all you want. I'll saw WTF I want to. I'm not in the military, YET. So go fuck yourself.
user_online.gif

Just so everyone was clear. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...:D

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
In regards to what, exactly? What political policy has Gore or Cheney been able to institute without direct Presidential approval?

Ah, the Cheney "one percent" doctrine, perhaps?

Don't know about Gore, but Cheney came into office determined to redefine and expand the office Vice Presidency, and succeeded in taking a much broader executive role that customarily associated with the Veep.

I don't think that relationship will survive the current presidency, though.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Don't know about Gore, but Cheney came into office determined to redefine and expand the office Vice Presidency, and succeeded in taking a much broader executive role that customarily associated with the Veep.
But perhaps Bush wanted to expand executive powers in general, considering he picked the guy for VP and has continually lobbied for expansion of his own powers while in office?

Really, if Bush turned around and told Cheney to stfu and go sit in a corner, there's not a darn thing he can do about it. The VP has no real political power at all. He's like a first lady that's just next in line to become President, and it's not even like that role is necessary given the long list of Presidential succession that is outlined.

I don't think that a VP has much of an effect on an administration's policy, and McCain isn't going to have a sudden change of heart on any key issues because of his VP. But it sure does make for good pre-election debate about how it will "add" to a ticket.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HAHAHAHHAA. Mine's even better...

Smacked_in_ATL
Banned
icon_star_bronze.gif

reputation_neg.gif
reputation_neg.gif

you POS
dude, you think you are cool with your negative REP points? Neg bang all you want. I'll saw WTF I want to. I'm not in the military, YET. So go fuck yourself.
user_online.gif

Just so everyone was clear. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...:D

So, is he not in the military yet? Or does he have two whole years of ground combat experience? I'm confused. Also, I want to make sure I keep clear of him and his badass ninja bo-staff skills.

Internet tough guys. Always fun.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Hahaha, whatever dude. Ban me if you please. You are ridiculous. So you can be disrespectful towards me when you have NEVER seen combat ON THE GROUND? I am a 2 tour veteran in a combat unit buddy. Don't get it twisted. I've seen more shit than you can ever imagine from your plane.

JackASS.

So you were in a "combat" unit. BFD. If you don't think aviation counts for much, then why are you visiting AIRwarriors? Erin-go-fuckyourself.

Anyway, as a candidate, McCain's in a Catch-22. If he'd picked someone with a long resume, they'd be saying,"Oh, he picked an insider...guess he's not the maverick he tries to be."

AJB37

Personally I had hoped he would pick somebody who was a bit more socially conservative. I differed from McCain on a few issues, but there is a really wide gap between my views and those of Palin. I'll still probably vote for McCain though, considering I can't stand Obama.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Personally I had hoped he would pick somebody who was a bit more socially conservative. I differed from McCain on a few issues, but there is a really wide gap between my views and those of Palin. I'll still probably vote for McCain though, considering I can't stand Obama.

Isn't she to the right of McCain on social issues?

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Personally I had hoped he would pick somebody who was a bit more socially conservative.
The President doesn't have too much control over social policy, either, and I could care less what the VP thinks about social issues. Things like the death penalty, abortion, affirmative action, gay rights, etc. are generally decided by the Supreme Court, and good luck getting Congress to do something useful like put the argument to rest with a Constitutional amendment. Then again, I'm always amazed how something as straightforward as the 2nd amendment, which, when broken down gramatically, states that people have an unconditional right to carry arms, manages to get politically twisted into something else. Yes, the President gets to appoint the members, but there's no guaruntee of how they'll vote when they get there, and I haven't heard of any that are due to retire in the near future.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I just got back to the computer and read the rest of this thread and laughed my ass off. Well, it seems a bit more roomy in here doesn't it? Mods - thanks for taking out the trash.

Back to the topic - we'll have to wait and see what kind of effect this announcement has on the polls, not that the polls really mean jack squat, but interesting nonetheless. I think there will be some of Hillary's supporters voting for McMilf this year, as well as some people (ignorantly) will just stay home in protest. Either of those favor the conservatives this year. I think it's a home-run pick. Only time will tell, but I'm definitely fired up about them, and would much rather have those two at the top of my chain of command.

Status
Not open for further replies.