• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

NavyBlu

Thanks guys for all the explanations, one last question though.

So on my SF-86 where it asks to provide verifier info about where I lived, I put one of my close friends (since I didn't really know many neighbors). I filled my SF-86 in February saying his current address is in Alabama. Now my selection board isn't until July, by that time my friend will have graduated and moved to California for work. The investigators won't grill me for giving inaccurate information, will they? I cannot really edit my SF-86 at this point. Can I ask my recruiter to update it?

exNavyOffRec

Thanks guys for all the explanations, one last question though.

So on my SF-86 where it asks to provide verifier info about where I lived, I put one of my close friends (since I didn't really know many neighbors). I filled my SF-86 in February saying his current address is in Alabama. Now my selection board isn't until July, by that time my friend will have graduated and moved to California for work. The investigators won't grill me for giving inaccurate information, will they? I cannot really edit my SF-86 at this point. Can I ask my recruiter to update it?

it was true and accurate at the time you submitted so don't worry

hugeyetti

keep in shape part I am doing, been trying to stay in touch with my OR but hes not answering... lol is there like an average wait time for this next step?

haimehhh

I'll have to try again in October

I took the OAR portion only in August, then took the GMAT in February. Afterwards, I found out I was potentially physically qualified for aviation, so I retook the entire ASTB. Having taken it once previously, combined with just having been studying for the GMAT and 2 weeks of binge studying on a short notice available test date I improved my score on the OAR 10 pts. No prior flight experience and I did just average on the AQR/PFAR/FOFAR. But I highly recommend coming at the test again ASAP (when you're prepared) and reapplying. Maybe you'll even make the July-ish SNA/NFO board. Good luck.

Buck18

First time poster long time lurker here,
I have been on this forum for awhile now and I feel it is time now to spill my guts. I originally made my first contact with my recruiter back in September, of 2014. My recruiter then quickly scheduled me for my first attempt at the ASTBE for the beginning of December, 2014. Scores as follows 39 4/6/5. Ouch I know, I was never a good test taker. I immediately scheduled a re-take a soon as I could because I knew I could do much better. Although my scores were low my OR recommended we still push on with the rest of my kit and schedule a physical. I took my MEPS physical mid December and was informed a couple weeks later when my N3M letter came back that I had been NPQ'D for SNA because of depth perception. I went and saw a civilian optometrist who confirmed that I indeed had nearly no depth at all... Weird because I played baseball my whole life even at the collegiate level without depth perception? Anyways, March came around and I felt 100% more confident for take two and my scores were raised slightly 44 4/8/6. Still not the best scored but I feel that I have put together a very well rounded kit to get a shot at an NFO slot. I just wanted to get you guys up to speed on where I am at, now the issue..

Most of you know that NFO slots for non priors are supposed to be suspended until further notice.. I have been following this current thread and the last Feb. thread and have seen that some non priors have indeed been picked up for NFO. My OR is still convinced that they are not taking anymore applicants until the next fiscal year, but from the looks of it they still are. I just want to get some input from you fellow warriors on what I should do? My kit is 100% complete sitting in my recruiters office collecting dust. I do not want to miss out on another opportunity to apply because of miss information...

MemphisBell

pilot
Have any of the SNA selects from this board heard anything about their background check besides TheKelso?? I haven't been called or heard anything from my recruiter since finding out I was selected.

bkos1207

Have any of the SNA selects from this board heard anything about their background check besides TheKelso?? I haven't been called or heard anything from my recruiter since finding out I was selected.
Nothing here, although my recruiter told me that the final select letter is independent of the background check. So as soon as the investigation starts, they begin processing the final select because the security clearance can take a while. They're just assuming you'll get it so it doesn't hold up the works for classing up for OCS. Obviously, if you're denied a clearance, you're out of the program since you need a clearance for commissioning.

hugeyetti

interesting. So is there an average time the background check takes? I am glad I just checked the forum because I was just about to call my recruiter about this stuff, but since everyone is in the same boat as me I guess I will just wait.

AltiusOne

Pro-Rec Y SNA
interesting. So is there an average time the background check takes? I am glad I just checked the forum because I was just about to call my recruiter about this stuff, but since everyone is in the same boat as me I guess I will just wait.

The final select purgatory thread has a lot of great information on how long to expect for a background check. Short answer is that it's going to vary from person to person.

https://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/final-select-purgatory.33425/page-177

Doc Strangelove

I am currently awaiting hard copy orders to Okinawa. I'm 99% sure it is a DOD tour (required 3 years = no officer programs/schools that cut it short)... I have 7.5 years in and just passed my opportunity for pilot because I am 28.5 y/o. Therefore, I will apply for NFO. My current enlistment ends in November and I have 90 credits (will have at least 105 by nov when i get out). What should I do? I will most assuredly go back to Afghanistan or Iraq if I take these orders, which is not a scary thing for me but school is out of the question in this scenario. Going to a Marine base is not the land of opportunity for Sailors. If I get out, I will only require 1 semester at school and will be past 29 by just a month or two. A few questions:

1. If I get out, will I still receive 0/E pay when I come back on?
2. Will my warfare devices & ribbons remain?
3. Do prior enlisted personnel who received a degree while on active duty get consideration for their less than 4.0 non trust fund baby GPA?
4. Will they consider high school GPA?
5. I was told by a Master Chief in Norfolk that I can't take an ASTB until after graduation but would like to know before separating.
6. As a Corpsman, where can I find a pilot mentor? I'm in the Hampton Roads area.
7. If i seperate will the 48 month consideration still be available.

My Nurses and Doctors ask me why I'm not going Medical Officer and they think I am throwing away work experience by pursuing this. On multiple deployments I had the opportunity to be the tip of the spear on the ground in an infantry battalion. When I knew I wanted to become an officer, I remember the ones who did the most to support us. There is no feeling like your platoon calling in an air strike and seeing it from ground level. There are no if ands or buts about which kind of officer I want to be.

exNavyOffRec

I am currently awaiting hard copy orders to Okinawa. I'm 99% sure it is a DOD tour (required 3 years = no officer programs/schools that cut it short)... I have 7.5 years in and just passed my opportunity for pilot because I am 28.5 y/o. Therefore, I will apply for NFO. My current enlistment ends in November and I have 90 credits (will have at least 105 by nov when i get out). What should I do? I will most assuredly go back to Afghanistan or Iraq if I take these orders, which is not a scary thing for me but school is out of the question in this scenario. Going to a Marine base is not the land of opportunity for Sailors. If I get out, I will only require 1 semester at school and will be past 29 by just a month or two. A few questions:

1. If I get out, will I still receive 0/E pay when I come back on?
2. Will my warfare devices & ribbons remain?
3. Do prior enlisted personnel who received a degree while on active duty get consideration for their less than 4.0 non trust fund baby GPA?
4. Will they consider high school GPA?
5. I was told by a Master Chief in Norfolk that I can't take an ASTB until after graduation but would like to know before separating.
6. As a Corpsman, where can I find a pilot mentor? I'm in the Hampton Roads area.
7. If i seperate will the 48 month consideration still be available.

My Nurses and Doctors ask me why I'm not going Medical Officer and they think I am throwing away work experience by pursuing this. On multiple deployments I had the opportunity to be the tip of the spear on the ground in an infantry battalion. When I knew I wanted to become an officer, I remember the ones who did the most to support us. There is no feeling like your platoon calling in an air strike and seeing it from ground level. There are no if ands or buts about which kind of officer I want to be.

I am wondering if you will be able to complete a degree, apply, get selected and get commissioned by age 31?
1. yes
2. yes
3. no your GPA is your GPA if you weren't getting enough time to spend on your classes you should have used better time management.
4. no
5. incorrect
7. yes

what is your current GPA?

Doc Strangelove

I am wondering if you will be able to complete a degree, apply, get selected and get commissioned by age 31?
1. yes
2. yes
3. no your GPA is your GPA if you weren't getting enough time to spend on your classes you should have used better time management.
4. no
5. incorrect
7. yes

what is your current GPA?

Thank you for your answers NavyOffRec!

Current GPA is 2.8. I had one bad semester which really brought me down. Overseas, work, life, was not balanced. First online class semester was a learning curb, but finally figured I just need a . My unweighted HS GPA was 3.89 and my HS credentials got me accepted to every university I applied for and a 100% bright futures scholarship, but I think all of that is moot considering I have been in the military for so long now. I feel like my military service and the extra demands beyond being a traditional student have made me a lesser candidate for officer programs.

If I get out in November instead of reenlinsting for these overseas orders, I will have my degree by January when I turn 29. To expedite the process, I changed my major from economics to general studies.

Do you think if I change over to the reserves I would be allowed off my contract if accepted for a commission? I really don't want to hang up my uniform, but I know there is a point when you have to take control of your own destiny.