• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May-ish 2015 Pilot/NFO Rolling Board

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
I don't know why I did this but the last thing I have to do for my application is the ASTB. I am taking it on Friday. I am shooting to have my package submitted by 30Mar.

Joshua Owen

I don't know why I did this but the last thing I have to do for my application is the ASTB. I am taking it on Friday. I am shooting to have my package submitted by 30Mar.

Really? My recruiter suggested I do that first to see if I even had a legitimate shot and so that I wouldnt waste time doing everything else. Good luck to you.

uncdude33

I'm surprised anyone would do any appraisals for you. That was one of four things all of my interviewers wanted to see.

Doc Walsh

HM1 -> Pilot
pilot
I'm surprised anyone would do any appraisals for you. That was one of four things all of my interviewers wanted to see.

Yeah when i scheduled the interview board, i asked if i needed to have the ASTB completed and they didn't care. They were more concerned about my prior leadership roles. They asked me a lot of opinion based leadership questions and big Navy politics. I guess it might be different compared to you guys because I'm still on active duty and the application process is a little different. The ASTB has always been something that i kept pushing back and rescheduling but i think i am ready for it now.

EDIT: uncdude33, i just noticed you're AD. did your career counselor help you out at all or did you have to do your application all on your own?

Piposterous

"The road to success is always under construction"
pilot
Yeah when i scheduled the interview board, i asked if i needed to have the ASTB completed and they didn't care. They were more concerned about my prior leadership roles. They asked me a lot of opinion based leadership questions and big Navy politics. I guess it might be different compared to you guys because I'm still on active duty and the application process is a little different. The ASTB has always been something that i kept pushing back and rescheduling but i think i am ready for it now.

EDIT: uncdude33, i just noticed you're AD. did your career counselor help you out at all or did you have to do your application all on your own?

Good luck with the exam! Make sure you take as much time as you need on the small "sample" portions prior to each section, it helps a ton.

uncdude33

It was pretty much just me. Once I had "completed it" my MMCO/AMO started to 'sponsor' it, and helped with some revisions and a few other things. How'd the ASTB go?

uncdude33

Rufio181 and/or NavyOffRec do y'all have a better idea of when the May board may be meeting? Or when a good date for fleet applicants to get their packages submitted to the fleet applicant processor to ensure the package makes it to this board? I know the information is limited, but any ballpark would be appreciated. Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Rufio181 and/or NavyOffRec do y'all have a better idea of when the May board may be meeting? Or when a good date for fleet applicants to get their packages submitted to the fleet applicant processor to ensure the package makes it to this board? I know the information is limited, but any ballpark would be appreciated. Thanks.

Let me check... no. No clue.

cmwz1510r

pilot
None
Hey, for you fleet applicants that have packages in, how long did it take the processors to get in touch?

haimehhh

I'm in both, (luckily? unluckily?) watching on here and waiting makes me anxious but inevitably I wind up on here lurking

mz247

My most recent 3 mile was 21:12, I've been working hard to get that down a lot but spring break didn't help so much..... ;)
You?
That's pretty good, I haven't really done much long distance, nor have I had much change to be running
Did a 9.30 today for my mile and half though...so I'm satisfied with that for now.

Will definitely kick my training into high gear (hopefully) after I get the Pro-Rec Y.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
If Diana or slater could provide me with Gandalf's contact info, I would love to get a DD 370 from him.

In the mean time, I started my online master's degree at Sith State and have a decent GPA so far.