• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

may 26 OCS and Cicadas

Lawman

None
In all seriousness for those worried about bugs, Cicadas have nothing on the Love Bug migrations in Florida... Some damn near biblical plague stuff going on with that and it happens every year.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I pulled 7 ticks off me last night. My wife wouldn't sleep in the same bed with me for fear there were more. I love Quantico.

SMILE4BULLETS

you know there's a good song out now by Brad Paisley entitled, "Ticks." definitely going to be some Candidates singing this while pulling ticks out of some other dude's crack. haha, oh the memories...

irishmc

You don't need to maintain absolute noise discipline...and you can eat them when you get hungry during a security hault! I'm not seeing a downside here.

from National Geographic:

• Cicadas are said to make good eating because they are low in fat and high in protein. They are considered a delicacy by many people around the world.

• Experts say that the best way to eat cicadas is to collect them in the middle of the night as they emerge from their burrows and before their skins harden. When they are in this condition—like softshell crabs—they can be boiled for about a minute. It is said they taste like asparagus or clam-flavored potato.

BRING FORTH THE MEAL.

Lawman

None
from National Geographic:

• Cicadas are said to make good eating because they are low in fat and high in protein. They are considered a delicacy by many people around the world.

• Experts say that the best way to eat cicadas is to collect them in the middle of the night as they emerge from their burrows and before their skins harden. When they are in this condition—like softshell crabs—they can be boiled for about a minute. It is said they taste like asparagus or clam-flavored potato.

BRING ON THE MEAL.

Man I want to see the kind of Essays you'd be getting for boiling Cicadas with your MRE heater. "I know you got the cheese omlet Candidate but damn."

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
In all seriousness for those worried about bugs, Cicadas have nothing on the Love Bug migrations in Florida... Some damn near biblical plague stuff going on with that and it happens every year.
Word, down here in Central Florida, you pretty much have to keep your mouth shut outside, so you do not eat any.

Ruins the front of cars too!

MasterHaynes86

The past two years, DFW area of Texas has had insane amounts of crickets.

Somehow I never saw one tick at OCS

in 3 days, man meets bug, lol

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Effing lovebugs. Pointless insects. I don't think they have any predators, besides cars.