• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

jlil41

So I know I am posting every second but my exams do not start until 6:00 tomorrow night so I have a lot of free time. On Navy OCS the fleet processor said that there shouldn't be any delays, so take it for what it is worth.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So I know I am posting every second but my exams do not start until 6:00 tomorrow night so I have a lot of free time. On Navy OCS the fleet processor said that there shouldn't be any delays, so take it for what it is worth.

Yes, I just read it. This is good!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

I know what the fleet processor said but I will just say this. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst i.e. the boards canx until next month! Nobody in Millington is concerned about holding boards right now as they shouldn't be. Hope and Pray for the safety of the individuals/families being faced with this situation. After this situation is resolved then you will be able to figure out if the boards are still on but as I said before you should just plan on the boards being canx. If they are still on then think of it as a blessing that it wasn't too bad and hopefully nobody is hurt.

Good Luck Millington I'm thinking of you all!

jlil41

I do not mean to be disrespectful to those in the area that was flooded. I have family/friends in that area so I know what is going on. My thought and prayers are with them and I do hope for everyone's safety. At the same time, I am just looking for information as to what is going on with the boards. For me this is a career choice like many others, so I most definitely do not want to be in the dark about it. Again I meant no disrespect to anyone, I have people close to me there. But I also put in time and effort and just want to know what is going on with the boards, I don't think that is such a bad thing? Is it?

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I do not mean to be disrespectful to those in the area that was flooded. I have family/friends in that area so I know what is going on. My thought and prayers are with them and I do hope for everyone's safety. At the same time, I am just looking for information as to what is going on with the boards. For me this is a career choice like many others, so I most definitely do not want to be in the dark about it. Again I meant no disrespect to anyone, I have people close to me there. But I also put in time and effort and just want to know what is going on with the boards, I don't think that is such a bad thing? Is it?

I agree...

Chachi

pilot
Contributor

By the way, where is the link to what the processor said? I can't find it anymore...

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor

This is not a time for "me." I understand this is a career choice and life changing but actual life is more important than career. Its not a bad thing to want something so much but considering what has taken place the priority for your and my career should be on the back burner. I am more than willing to wait a couple of more months if it means everyone is safe and taken care of. Our time will come. I'm sorry to hear your family/friends is involved and I wish the best for them. Good Luck to you and your familiy/friends.

jlil41

Ive been told i am gonna be resubmitted for june and that the May boards are CANCELLED....

Don't say that!!! Who told you that? On Navy OCS, someone posted on May boards and said that all the systems would be up and running by COB today, so I don't know what is going on.

nate_j52

Well apparently my processor knit picked over my lisitng the UK as my place of birth and not England...go figure..... but my recruiter said it doesnt matter anyway because the May boards are cancelled due to the flooding and will be pushed back/ resubmitted for the next cycle... go on, you know you want to...... grab a pillow stick your face in it or bounce your head off a wall and
SCREAM>>>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO DO I BELEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

jlil41

Well apparently my processor knit picked over my lisitng the UK as my place of birth and not England...go figure..... but my recruiter said it doesnt matter anyway because the May boards are cancelled due to the flooding and will be pushed back/ resubmitted for the next cycle... go on, you know you want to...... grab a pillow stick your face in it or bounce your head off a wall and
SCREAM>>>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO DO I BELEIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage

Not to say your recruiter is a liar but he could be saying that in lieu of the UK as your place of birth deal. I hope that is the case and the boards are not canceled but damn that sucks for you. Weren't you trying to bust ass to beat the deadline on the cutoff also?

nate_j52

you are correct, and i have considered that possibility, i think that was also the confusion with which board i was in for. Hes a good guy, he admits they dont know whats going on half the time, and he told me the reason i wasnt pro rec'd the frst time was because of him. I would think that if that was where they held the meetings and this happened then these boards would get cancelled, there no way theyll be up and runing in a few days, this iss the govt your talking about, they are just not that efficient.... i mean come on, nothing takes days or hours in govt, things take weeks and months.. I am passing on what i was told, the doubts i have and all my speculations are another thing

jlil41

Yea I know what you are saying and by no means am I questioning you my friend. I was just on the navyocs.com and a guy who works for the NRD Atlanta had said that everything would be running by the end of the day, that was the word form the IT guys. I ask him what he thought about the boards and I am still awaiting his response. There is just so much information floating around, it is hard to know what to go by. All in all, best of luck to you no matter what the outcome!!!