• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

May 2010 Boards

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
You are correct.

Yes, that seams to be the way they do it. Actually, on the checklist it says something like "Do not exceed attachment size of 1Mb...". So yeah...

Although now that I come to think about it, sending it as an attachment is better than sending the hardcopy directly. Can you imagine all our packages being ruined by the flood? At least there's a backup if worse comes to worse.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Yea I just really hope it doesn't cancel the board, you think it will?

Hopefully not dude! There's not much we can do about it though... not under our control. I nonetheless really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I just checked the weather report and Millington, TN, is expecting very good weather and high temperatures during this whole week so maybe the water will start rapidly disappearing...

jlil41

Yea I doubt they will be canceled, especially with it being so early in the year. I guess if they are canceled though, we will find out pretty soon, or they may just move the board date back a little. Fingers crossed!!!

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Yea I doubt they will be canceled, especially with it being so early in the year. I guess if they are canceled though, we will find out pretty soon, or they may just move the board date back a little. Fingers crossed!!!

How sure are you that it's the beginning of the fiscal year? I heard the fiscal year for the Navy starts on October 1st...

Lucy

The fiscal year does start in october, which means that this is the middle of FY2010. And it is not when you are selected by, but rather when you complete OCS. So those who go to OCS prior to July will be in FY 2010(providing not being rolled), whereas those going to OCS after July(with a grad date after oct 1) will be against FY2011. Most people, if not all, will be for FY 2011 out of the April/May boards, simply because OCS is already booked for those graduating prior to Oct 1st.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
The fiscal year does start in october, which means that this is the middle of FY2010. And it is not when you are selected by, but rather when you complete OCS. So those who go to OCS prior to July will be in FY 2010(providing not being rolled), whereas those going to OCS after July(with a grad date after oct 1) will be against FY2011. Most people, if not all, will be for FY 2011 out of the April/May boards, simply because OCS is already booked for those graduating prior to Oct 1st.

That is all correct and very accurate!

jlil41

My bad on the false info. I just read a thread with the exact same info Lucy just posted. Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I misinterpreted the info I read.

BuckWild

Advanced - VT-35
How sure are you that it's the beginning of the fiscal year? I heard the fiscal year for the Navy starts on October 1st...

Yes the new FY starts in October. However, the consider the new FY classes are those who graduate in that FY.

jlil41

So I was searching for answers about the boards on sailorbab.com and I came across this from a guys has been giving everyone updates and is part of PERS-41 (not quite sure what it is).
This was his response when asked if the boards were going to be canceled or delayed;
"Not sure yet. Unofficially, the word I got yesterday is that Wood Hall was fine and boards would commence as scheduled. However, the final building assessments have not been completed. I suspect we'll have a better idea later today.

V/r,
Steve"

That gives me a glimmer of hope now.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So I was searching for answers about the boards on sailorbab.com and I came across this from a guys has been giving everyone updates and is part of PERS-41 (not quite sure what it is).
This was his response when asked if the boards were going to be canceled or delayed;
"Not sure yet. Unofficially, the word I got yesterday is that Wood Hall was fine and boards would commence as scheduled. However, the final building assessments have not been completed. I suspect we'll have a better idea later today.

V/r,
Steve"

That gives me a glimmer of hope now.

Yes, indeed it does! Thanks for that jlil41!

jlil41

No problem man, I will keep a check on it over there and I also just shot my recruiter an email. Ill let you know what he says.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
No problem man, I will keep a check on it over there and I also just shot my recruiter an email. Ill let you know what he says.

Awesome. I just sent my recruiter one as well...
Good thing that good weather and heat are hitting Tennessee now...

mjulian

Lingerer
Tabled from the April SNA board. So here I am in May.

BTW Im really glad to see some fellow NCAA athletes on this board. College athletics + extracurriculars + decent GPA (should)= pro req'd in my opinion because of how difficult all that is

23/m
BDCP
SNA

PRT- 80 su, 90 pu, 10:00 1.5 mile (78 su, 75 pu, 10:15 1.5 mile 1st try)
ASTB- 5/6/6 2nd try (5/5/5 50 1st try)
LOR's- 2 O-4s, 3 employers, 2 professors, my adviser, and the associate president of the university

Saint Leo University
BS- Sport Business with minors in Marketing, Economics, and Risk Management
GPA-3.0 (2.9 first time around)

Extracurricular
College:
DIV. II Lacrosse for 3 years
Sport Business Association:
-Current President and previous senator to the Student Gov. Union
-Recent Captain/Leader of school's team in National Sport Marketing Case Study Competition that we were champions
-NEW: Community Service Day Site Leader Fall/Spring

High School:
Army JROTC
-Battalion Commander at the rank of LtCl.
-Captain of State Champion Raider Team
-Captain of Rifle Team
Lacrosse
-Captain
-Conference Runner up

Previous Employment:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
-Marketing
-Ticket Sales
-Game day operations supervisor of at least 15 people depending on the game

Additional:
Currently play for the Scottish National Lacrosse Team
-Rob Powell Unsung Hero Award; US Tour 2010

jlil41

Yea man the athletics + school and everything else = TIME MANAGEMENT!!! But anyways I got a response from my recruiter when asking about the flood and the boards and he said "Good question, haven't heard yet about that, they will probably affected somehow, not sure yet though, how. " . I don't know what is going on.

Mjulian your packet looks pretty similar to mine.

My packet:
51 6/6/6
SNA NFO SWO
3.4 GPA Overall
3.7 in Major (Human Performance and minor in Health)
4 year starter college football, 2 time academic all-conference
Dean's List twice, President's List once
2 previous employers, LOR's Dean of students, Ret. Major Army, Col. ANG, DR. who was former Lt. CMDR., Ret. E-9 Army
Little bit of community service
H.S.
-Football- ALL- STAR GAME, ALL-STATE, ALL-REGION (2)
-Track- High Point Award at Region, 2nd in 100m and 3rd in 200
-Basketball- Region Champs
Some other stuff but it is all irrelevant, you get the point

GOOD LUCK this time around though, if the boards aren't delayed. When did you find out you were tabled?