• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines vs. Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdshlsesq

I am applying for Marine Corps OCS through the PLC-Aviation program. I just passed my flight physical amd and studying for teh ASTB flight test. I want to fly Cobras in the Marines and want to know what kind of scores you have to have in order to qualify? Are they higher or lower than what you have to get for jets? Also, do they force people with jet scores to take the jet option very often? Just curious because I really want to do helos!
Semper Fi!
J. David Smith, Jr.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
You need higher scores for Jets. Above 50 for the Corps and above 55 for Navy. Anything less will DQ you from jets. I have seen Helo guys in the 40's as well as 60's and 70's. Just do your best and put down what you want when the time comes. Roll the dice and let it ride.

Dave

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Does that mean that you can ruin your chances of getting jets by making a lower score on the ASTB? I've already taken it and passed to become a PLC air contract, but I never heard that any particular score will determine whether or not you fly jets or helos. Am I just misunderstanding the posts?

ghost_ttu

They are talking about NSS, which is computed by your flight school grades. There isn't anything you can do on the ASTB that will determine your aircraft.

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.