• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marines or Navy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunt

Didn't have time to write up any medals for tankers. We were too busy killing them from over 3000 meters away before they saw us or covering their butts while they waited for their oh-so-necessary fuel feeding every 15 minutes.

That and "Stand by, my mine plow is stuck in the down position, sir. I can only do about 5 kph."

Tanks were nice for keeping warm though.

Mike the Grunt

Dave Shutter

Mike the crunchie...

3000 meters huh! When did they start giving rail-guns to 11-bravos, send me the pix! The 120mm smoothbore can reach out and touch people at that range, in the dessert anyway. Of course you need a 48-ton chassis to move it and the accompanying turret around...

Grunt

11M's have Bradleys, Bradley's have TOW missiles, TOW missiles have top down strike capability. Bye, bye Abrams, hehe.

Not to mention that when you are dismounted you can hear that Abrams for miles!

I'll never forget climbing up on a turret of an M1A2 at night and banging on the commander's hatch with my M16. The look of disappointment that TC had was priceless (especially because he got beat by a 2LT, lol!)

Varun, the infantry appreciates the nod. We, of course, love air support when we can get it. Check out "We Were Soldiers" and you'll know what I mean.

Mike the Grunt

SGorski

quote:
You know me Frumby, I got all the love for the Corps, but why don't you tell the kids how long it took to get your wings one more time!

How long did it take through the Marine program?

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Ok, Now keep in mind that during this time we were in the middle of a drawdown, then a buildup (Gulf War), Tailhook and the loss of the CNATRA's training carrier (USS Lexington). I was commissioned in July 88 and was winged Feb 21, 92. Normal for the time but strange now. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

Status
Not open for further replies.