• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine OCS Polygraph, true or false?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sector

I have a top secret clearence and the most I ever had to do was submit to a background check. Bottom line, the military will only know what you tell them.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
sector said:
I have a top secret clearence and the most I ever had to do was submit to a background check. Bottom line, the military will only know what you tell them.
Or what they get from your family, friends, acquaintances, co-workers, ex-girlfriends, etc. as they interview them during your background investigation.

SMILE4BULLETS

what are yall talking about...i got a hell of a polygraph test, lasted 6 weeks. there were 3 polygraph machines in each squadbay. i think they're still using the same models: 8511-E6 and 8511-E7

tperng

MotivatorJames said:
I've heard rumors that every candidate is given a polygraph at some point before finishing OCS. Is this the truth?

I just graduated OCS last week and 1) yes, there is a brig next door to OCS, 2) no, there were no polygraphs given at any point during my 10 weeks at OCS. It's true that integrity violations will get you kicked out of OCS, but the staff catch integrity violators without using any fancy, high tech gizmos. In fact, the most high tech gear I interacted with while at OCS was the compass they issued us.

Rumors are never trust worthy and this one is no exception. Whoever started this rumor must be getting a good laugh though. Probably another nasty candidate with too much time on his/her hands. :D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Bottomline:

1. Don't lie and you don't have to worry about a polygraph.

2. Polygraphs are not normally done and only used in special situations.

Now....

This thread must die!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you did the drugs, then fess up to it. If it DQ's you, then well, it fvking DQ's you then. I hate to be an ass about this, but lying about anything during the app process is wrong and will just end up biting you in the ass down the road anyway. Whether there's a polygraph at OCS is pretty much irrelevant.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
sector said:
Bottom line, the military will only know what you tell them.
That's kind of ignorant, don't you think? There are other people that you have associated with that have an influence on your background investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.