• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Jet Slots Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aviator4000

handjive said:
:D <snicker>...

TS = Total Systems, meaning the entire sylabus, as opposed to E2C2 guys who only do phase 1 & the boat or jet transition guys who are switching fleet platforms.

Don't feel bad. I was in advanced for a few weeks beofre I figured it out myself. I thought it meant "Training, Strike" or something. I struggle with it no matter what it's called. :)

PS: On a personal note, I just finished my last RI tonight (and man that felt good!!!). FAMs, here I come!

I was a little scared by this, I am applying to PLC with an MJ moral waiver. I was thinking that I might have a problem with a TS down the road after reading this. I doubt this will be a problem since I was completely up front about it and was granted a waiver. Thank you for your response!

mat

I think a TS clearance is required for all tacair platforms now. Not for sure. I wouldn't worry. I am sure others have done it with your wavier. Also I thought TS was total sylabus.

The Gooch

FOD Eater
pilot
1. TS=Total System (Got it off the front cover of my soon-to-be completed master curriculum guide)

2. You will have a Secret security clearance before you get out of flight school, and once you get close to winging you will put in for your top secret clearance to make sure you have access to the necessary pubs come FRS/fleet time. And no, you can't just go online and look up performance characteristics of AA-11s or E/M diagrams of Su-27s.

3. Bust your butt in primary, be the #1 person in your selection class, and jet spots WILL magically appear.

Should just about cover it...

Status
Not open for further replies.