• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps Air Contract

Zequa

Checking in on this older post for some follow-up. Hope your air contract worked out. Wondering if anyone has some news about the UAV slots? I'm newly commissioned and up for TBS in a few months after PTAD. Going for a competitive air contract and already qualified, but will put UAV high on the list if they're offered.

PMPT

Couldn't tell you about the # of slots, but anecdotally I feel like I know a fair number of people that ended up going UAS after washing out of flight school. The VMU FRD is also transitioning to becoming VMUT-2 and will be switching from teaching people to operate the RQ-21 to operating the MQ-9 reaper. My general impression is that the UAS force is being expanded and there will likely be increasing opportunities to fly them going forward. Sorry I can't provide more specific details as I suspect the numbers have changed significantly since I was at TBS ~4 years ago.