• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Air contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiloco_2plt

Nasty Candidate
You think you have to inform me of this fact? The thought of seeing GySgt P. coming out of that duty hut still sends shivers down my spine. That guy was crazy. I think even the other SIs wondered abou him. But even you guys have to admit, GySgt. S was hilarious, and relatively harmless.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
You think you have to inform me of this fact? The thought of seeing GySgt P. coming out of that duty hut still sends shivers down my spine. That guy was crazy. I think even the other SIs wondered abou him. But even you guys have to admit, GySgt. S was hilarious, and relatively harmless.

GySgt P. and GySgt S. administered my platoon's first inspection. Needless to say they left us feeling slightly violated. GySgt S. was really funny though. him and SSgt W. from 1st platoon were the source of all of our humor in 3rd. Good times!

Kiloco_2plt

Nasty Candidate
Yeah, we got Ssgt D. and someone else I didn't recognize. Guess I was too busy keeping my eyes dead straight for fear of getting my @$$ torn off for "eye &!#%ing" the area.

Kiloco_2plt

Nasty Candidate
I envied you nasties over in third... Your staff was pretty awesome. I heard first platoon "playing games" all the time though... Walk out to the quarterdeck and catch a glimpse of first holding their rifles. I always smiled inside... Not because I wished ill on my brothers, but more because I wasn't right there right then.;)

GT Propjock

Your staff was pretty awesome. I heard first platoon "playing games" all the time though... Walk out to the quarterdeck and catch a glimpse of first holding their rifles. I always smiled inside... Not because I wished ill on my brothers, but more because I wasn't right there right then.;)

Holding rifles, out staff enjoyed making us hold our matresses....our rifles.....our wall lockers once.....we even did NASCAR cleaning the squadbay, ahh the memories....I envy those to go through, not in the least. :D

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
I envied you nasties over in third... Your staff was pretty awesome. I heard first platoon "playing games" all the time though... Walk out to the quarterdeck and catch a glimpse of first holding their rifles. I always smiled inside... Not because I wished ill on my brothers, but more because I wasn't right there right then.;)

Dont think we never played games. SSgt M. stood for "Milton Bradley". He one time made all 45 of us pile up inside the all the stalls in the head. And remember, us Nasties whooped your asses in pugils :icon_tong

Oh and the platoon that slept in gatorade was over in India Co.

Kiloco_2plt

Nasty Candidate
Now you whooped us in pugils, myself especially, but we rocked your world with the log races. And first kicked all of us at drill... And what do the SIs actually care about? Yeah.

I didn't hear you screaming in pain nearly as much as first though. GySgt. P. was really the only one who ever made us play. S and H left us alone as far as games.

smulet

Quests for Air Contracts (various stories/issues of users)

I'm a 28 year-old female looking to get an air contract. I can't start OCS until I am 29. By the time I would start aviation school after TBS, I would be 30. Has anyone heard of the USMC approving waviers for old people like me?

smulet

I've talked to two OSO's and they said "probably not," but the one is willing to give it a try. I scored a 278 on my PFT last weekend ( I can do better, but I've been training for a marathon so have neglected sit-ups), and I plan to take the ASTB in a couple weeks. I'm really praying! I am not sure if I have to be commissioned before 29 or at age 29. One OSO said before age 29. Thanks for your help!

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Well, I know it goes without saying, but all you can do is give it a shot. Good luck on the ASTB and keep up that PFT score - you are in a great position with that right now. Keep us posted on what happens.

MUSTANG0369

Not gonna happen, lost my competitive spot this week 3 hrs before TBS grad due to age (30), maybe there is more to it than that.....I would certainly hope so, but as of now I was told age.....I will find out more on Wed.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.