• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

Gills

Turtl3 said:
When did you retake the astb? IIRC LORs and PRT do not count as package improvement.

I don't know what IIRC is, but my OR says that an LOR counts and the PRT can't hurt. Took the ASTB in DEC.

SWOHopeful

cpgillie, we are now in direct competition with each other...I will not be taking this lightly!! HAHA, j/k. Just wondering if your recruiter said that SWO will for sure meet next month as that was still to be determined! My recruiter just let me know that I am his hope for march!!! :eek:

Gills

Turtl3 said:
IIRC = If I recall correctly

Everything I have head from my OR and from these boards has indicated that LOR does not constitute an improvement. Might wanna double check with your OR. That would be sweet if it did, though.

IIRC, that's great! And I've been thinking the same thing about the LOR. I get the impression that the rules are just kind of like guidelines. I have double checked with my OR and basically, my OR talked to the SWO Program Manager (I don't know if that's the correct title) and thinks that I got screwed in November (my app was rolled over), screwed in January (10,000 applicants), and sees no reason why I shouldn't be Pro rec'd.

So I'm not sure of the exact rules either, but he assures me that I WILL BE RECONSIDERED.

P.S. Turtle, your beerfest avatar freaks me out everytime I see it. I keep thinking of your avatar as an Officer,:eek:.

Gills

cpgillie, we are now in direct competition with each other...I will not be taking this lightly!! HAHA, j/k. Just wondering if your recruiter said that SWO will for sure meet next month as that was still to be determined! My recruiter just let me know that I am his hope for march!!! :eek:

Does the Navy still have ships? Yes, so SWO is meeting.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Turtl3 said:
I think you misunderstood me. What I was asking is why you are completing your degree at an older age...which is why I asked if you were prior service. Perhaps you trotted the globe for a couple years after high school.

Oh ok, gotcha. I came out of HS as a soph in college (dual credit) and started out majoring in aerospace engineering, then after my fresh year swapped to aviation maintenance for two years (associate of applied science, FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificates). I was contracting for a couple of companies/airline, so I was really busy and only took part time classes as I couldn't find a college that would transfer my aviation and engineering credits (almost half of my 110 hours at the moment don't count towards my bachelor's).

I debated for a couple years whether the military and pilot was what I truly wanted to do for the next 10-20 years of my life. I finally realized a year ago that I was missing the cadet/military lifestyle and started looking into the Navy options to fly (AF= tankers and cargo mostly) as my uncle is a WSO/NFO in the Super Hornet currently, and he told me to push for the Navy over the AF if I wanted to fly fighters. Only problem is there are no NROTC nearby, but then I found out about BDCP and set my sights on it and finally put forth a decisive effort to graduate sometime this decade...

So I'm kinda like Van Wilder on campus in that I'm on the 10 year plan (plus the 2 in HS, lol)...except minus the golfcart, the parking tickets are rediculous now so I'll stick with the crazy parties and gorgeous undergrad ladies. But I'll definitely be pushing over 180 hours when I graduate though...a ton of class for the same result as those getting a 120 hour "basketweaving technology" degree and SNA slot, lol.

BTW...I think OUSooner has me in age though, as he's 26 now with a direct pro-rec...and he's an aviation major as well.

Hoping to get into March now, I submitted my packet late December and didn't make either of the last 2 months due to some delays.

21 Applying BDCP-SNA
Mechanical Engineering 2.98 at The Ohio State University
8/7/8 65
Steward and member of executive committee in my fraternity
Eagle Scout
High School Track and Cross Country
Worked same job all through high school and have over a year intern experience at an engineering firm.
LOR from manager and from COO of high school company, Engineering Manager at current company

Bad:
2 Speeding tickets-1 when 16 and 1 about a year ago
used marijana 7x but not in over 3 years

Hey everyone, I'll be with you all hopefully if nothing else goes wrong in March. Was supposed to be in Feb. but they didn't look at my application because I apparently have been wearing glasses and contacts with my 20/10 vision and that I dont have that vision (long story short).
Applying straight SNA: Graduated in may 08 with 3.0 GPA from James Madison University B.A. Business Admin. concentration in Marketing

Treasurer in Fraternity, put together charity dog walk for SPCA, did stuff for Children's Miracle Network. College lacrosse (co-president)

48 on ASTB prob should retake but only if not selected

Single Engine Land private Pilot's license approx 60 hours and working on instrument rating and acrobatics

LOR's: 2, 0-7 Brig. Gens AF (both pilots)
2, 0-6 USA Ret. helo pilot and Ret. Navy F-14 pilot
1, 0-5 Ret. P-3 pilot

g'luck all

rbwill2

can we start making fun of each other yet? i really wanna take some jabs at reno for being a buckeyes fan.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
can we start making fun of each other yet? i really wanna take some jabs at reno for being a buckeyes fan.

But then you'll always be a Kentucky fan....it's like going out with your hot friends, but you're that fat chick with a pretty face who would be hot, but can't seem to keep her weight down. :eek:

rbwill2

i'm really confused. was that a shot at me? don't make me start with you non-sec doormats...i can me this an sec vs. all fight real quick. i will not suspend any hatred (yes, i know it's a strong word) towards florida or tennesse, but we can be on the same "team."

Gills

You guys need to STFU about your big league schools. Where it's at is Oakland University in Rochester, MI. We specialize in rich whiny douche bags, our previous mascot used to be a sail (that looked like a diaper), and our athletics are so prestigious that our achievements include: making the play in game at the NCAA tournament, and not even having a football team.

Beat that, Go Grizzlies!

...that's right, we're bears now.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
i'm really confused. was that a shot at me? don't make me start with you non-sec doormats...i can me this an sec vs. all fight real quick. i will not suspend any hatred (yes, i know it's a strong word) towards florida or tennesse, but we can be on the same "team."

It wasn't a shot, it was a ......

3645538_cd2d5b922d.jpg

p.s. I hope it's still early for you and you weren't quite awake yet, because I don't understand half of what you said. ;)