• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

rbwill2

I had my app in in early NOV, took the ASTB 16 DEC and didn't make FEB boards. If you all who just got your stuff in w/in the last few weeks jump ahead of me, I might hurt some one. My recruiter is pretty cool and I don't think he's jerking me around but I've seen people on here get to the boards before me. It is what it is...he's getting pulled seven different directions and I understand he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Anyway,
-3.1 GPA in Finance at Kentucky (Graduated 2007)
-6/6/7 55 ASTB
-Fraternity Rush Chair
-Been working at a bank for 18 mos (currently asst branch manager)
-HS football and basketball
-LORs from HS coach, current boss, a few profs, Dean of Fraternal affairs, senior fraternity member
-No flight experience

I guess if I'm signing up for 8-10 a few more months can't hurt, but I'm ready to go!

Also, I've been stuying for the ASTB again. If I'm non-select you best believe I'm taking that damned thing again the very next day and getting a better score. There were two classes I meant to take pass/fail in college but I guess I was too worried about what I was doing that night b/c I ended up taking them as a regular. Scratch those out and my GPA jumps to a 3.4.

kat27

Waiting is a huge part of the game, at least, this has been my experience. As far as getting your recruiter to hurry up...can't really help ya there. Could be your OR is just bogged down with multiple apps. But just try to have good communication with your OR. I'm pretty sure I annoyed mine many times with emails, phone calls, NASIS website problems, and more emails (but I made sure to thank him for his hard work of course).

Anyway, did he tell you that you'll be on the March boards or is that what you're shooting for?

Thanks for the reply. My recruiter said that I will be on the March boards. I make sure that he knows how thankful I am, just seems like I have to remind him a million times about everything. I know he is super busy with other applicants, thats why I am asking if ppl have the same experience. I want to make sure everything is in order, so I don't have set backs. It's nice to be able to share the frustration. Thanks again. If you have any other advise...let me know :)
Kat

I had my app in in early NOV, took the ASTB 16 DEC and didn't make FEB boards. If you all who just got your stuff in w/in the last few weeks jump ahead of me, I might hurt some one. My recruiter is pretty cool and I don't think he's jerking me around but I've seen people on here get to the boards before me. It is what it is...he's getting pulled seven different directions and I understand he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

Yeah I had the same thing going for me, My package was sent in the last week of December didn't make the Jan board and my OR wasn't sure if it is going to make the Feb. Board. Hopefully it will or i'll be posting my stats up here. So it does take some time to get the process rolling and if you don't have any setbacks along the way consider yourself lucky. best of luck all

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010

Anyway,
-3.1 GPA in Finance at Kentucky (Graduated 2007)
-6/6/7 55 ASTB
-Fraternity Rush Chair
-Been working at a bank for 18 mos (currently asst branch manager)
-HS football and basketball
-LORs from HS coach, current boss, a few profs, Dean of Fraternal affairs, senior fraternity member
-No flight experience

I guess if I'm signing up for 8-10 a few more months can't hurt, but I'm ready to go!

Also, I've been stuying for the ASTB again. If I'm non-select you best believe I'm taking that damned thing again the very next day and getting a better score. There were two classes I meant to take pass/fail in college but I guess I was too worried about what I was doing that night b/c I ended up taking them as a regular. Scratch those out and my GPA jumps to a 3.4.

:icon_rageSOMBITCH!! This is very frustrating (not so much for me as for you). The more I hear about people getting pushed back to later boards the more I start to think it may be the case for me.

So obviously it isn't a first come first served kinda deal with these boards. How do they decided whose app to look at?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
It's not rocket science...if you have your stuff in by the 15th of the month prior..you will be seen and not pushed back. Guaranteed. This does not mean SUBMIT on the 15th, you have to allow time for it to get sent, and seen by the processor in Millington, TN.

I sent my stuff @ DEC10 and was pro-rec'd in JAN.

cpwhit1

It's not rocket science...if you have your stuff in by the 15th of the month prior..you will be seen and not pushed back. Guaranteed. This does not mean SUBMIT on the 15th, you have to allow time for it to get sent, and seen by the processor in Millington, TN.

I sent my stuff @ DEC10 and was pro-rec'd in JAN.

Oh, well thank god it's not rocket science...

They may not see your app if you they have more than 50 of them, cause don't they only take 50/month?

Gills

They went away with the 50 apps per board thing last month, but who knows for this month. Until we know for sure, I say we post these at the end of all of our posts :icon_rage:icon_rage:icon_rage.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Oh, well thank god it's not rocket science...

They may not see your app if you they have more than 50 of them, cause don't they only take 50/month?

All that is pure speculation..they were doing a 50 kit rule..but then it was only an experiment. You will go crazy worrying about things out of your control..then when you get pro-rec'd you're worrying about failing the depth perception at OCS....then you're worried about if you're going to get your Final select...there will always be some sort of rumor or gouge.

Just do your best, get everything in as early as possible..and let everything fall into place.

cpwhit1

I see. Do you ever get worried that a team like the BSU Broncos will kick the Sooners butt again like they did in the 2007 Fiesta bowl??:D

Oh wait, nevermind, we suck again.

kat27

To whom can reply,
Hey. I have a question about flight school. Before you commit, do you know that you will attend flight school after OCS? I have talked to a handful of Navy guys and they said not to sign anything unless you have a flight contract stating that you will have a slot in flight school after OCS. I keep getting conflicting information. They say that your job can change based on the "needs of the Navy". That would blow.
Thanks. Kat

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Submitting your application to pilot - if selected- you will be guaranteed a pilot slot out of OCS...provided you meet the criteria. You can still get a pilot slot but fail the medical or whatever at OCS or in pre-flight training in Pensacola and lose it. Right now, the way things are, if you lose your slot for medical reasons or whatever...you won't go enlisted or whatever people tell you. At the moment you will be given the option to go back to civilian life.

Long and short of it, yes you will be guaranteed the slot providing you keep your end of the bargain.

rbwill2

y'all wanna start posting your stats? i know, i know...they don't want us to say "so-and-so got in with X/X/X ASTB score and X.X GPA. i should get in." but i still like seeing how i stack up. put up ASTB, GPA, flight experience, LORs, college/community involvment, glory days athletics, and any other relevent info.

Gills

Applying INTEL only this month (straight OCS)

22M
3.78 GPA Oakland University
History Major/ Spanish Minor
48 OAR

Honors:
Magna Cum Laude
Departmental Honors
Dean's List eight straight semesters

Extra Curriculars:
History Honors Society (President)
Study Abroad at Oxford University

LORs: employer, 2 professors, Intel O-8 (interview), Army O-5.

PRT: Outstanding Low

kat27

submitting application for SNA March 09 boards
OAR 48, 7's across the board
3.85 gpa, Loyola University chicago (psychology)
Magna Cum Laude
Departmental Honors
Dean's list every semester
Full ride: Division I softball program
NCAA All-American (glory days are over)
Captain...all that jazz
LOR's: from coaches, athletic department, 2 Navy Captains, 1 Army General
PRT: haven't taken it yet...damn pushups.
Privat pilot's license

Hope this helps. It's a good idea to see where you are at with other people...but it would drive me crazy to start comparing myself to everyone else.