• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
My GPA is pretty low as well....especially for what I'm going for. Here's what I got. I'm going for the "whole package" deal as well. :D

SNA/NFO/SWO
6/7/7/52 ASTB
2.67 GPA (BS Mathematics...I'll graduate in May)
about 130 Volunteer community service hours
BSU student government
Fraternity president (2.5 years total of executive board experience).
4 years HS varsity hockey
LORs from active LT, CO of a P-3 squadron, and Boise City Council Member (Ex-chief of police).

My OR is having me do my PT test after/if I get pro-rec'd. Haven't timed myself, but I've been PT-ing so I should be fine.

Gills

I'm up for SWO in march and I'm running my PRT on Friday. If I run my ass off, I should be an exellent low, I'll let yous guys know how it goes.

P.S. Is it ironic that my PRT is at the YMCA? I keep thinking Village People, "In the Navy" and "YMCA," It must be a conspiracy.

dsevo

My package should be finished tomorrow.

7/7/8 60
3.38 GPA
5 LOR's including Admiral and Commander

I'm looking forward to getting on with this, hope we don't have to wait long.

DHudock

My package is almost complete, I'll take my PRT the end of this month and get everything in for March boards.

SWO/Supply/Intel
OAR 46
2.9 GPA (BS Business Administration concentration in Human Resource Management, i graduate in may)

Varsity Football(QB) three years, Captain of Lacrosse 2 years, Class president 3 years in a row, professional job 30 hours/week during school,etc.

LORs from Principal (knew me as a leader), CEO of the current company i work for (knows me as a leader), Former navy Lt., and just had my interview with a Capt. today and it went great!

My OR told me that the PRT is no longer "grade-based" as in the better you do, the better your package looks. He told me that it is now pieced with the MEPS and that it's Pass/Fail. All I have to do is the minimum, no more and I pass, no need to do 60 pushups, etc. Is this true?

Good luck to everyone!

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
"My OR told me that the PRT is no longer "grade-based" as in the better you do, the better your package looks. He told me that it is now pieced with the MEPS and that it's Pass/Fail. All I have to do is the minimum, no more and I pass, no need to do 60 pushups, etc. Is this true?" -DHudock

Not sure if it is true or not for SWO, but according to my OR the better your PRT the more competitive your package looks, but you only need the minimum to qualify. The way I took it is, like anything else in your package, there are minimums, but you want to do better than the minimums when possible to make yourself stick out. Do you qualify with the minimum PRT score? Yes. Does it make you more competitive to do as well as you can and go above and beyond? I would think so.

kashmir

SWO BDCP
Just giving you guys some support and peace of mind (if that is possible in this process). When I finally got my package together, I scoured these blogs comparing myself to others and worry about this and that feeling that I was not up to par. Other people had higher ASTB scores and GPAs.

Let me tell you though that they do look at everything and if an area in your package is not perfect, do not sweat it! I made it to my first board (SWO) in January after about 6 months of getting everything together and polishing it! I made it first time up! What a relief it was. My stats:

-OAR: 44 (I was so worried about this thinking this would hold me back)
-GPA: 2.93 (Psychology major w/minor in BIO)
-1 LOR from a retired Air Force (E-8), 2 LOR from college administrators
-I did very well on my PRT all excellent highs or there abouts.
I was also prior service which I am sure helped out a lot. I was a EM2(SW/AW) with excellent e-vals and was recommended for officer programs when I was in. I got out though and went to college. I found out I missed it and want to go back in.

I wish all of you the best in being selected!!

Keep the faith!!

Double_A

Just wanted to say I should be in with you all, my package was sent Feb. 2. Mid-March cannot get her fast enough!

caballo

I have most of my package ready, and am hoping to make it to the March boards. In any case, these are my stats-

26/M
Applying SWO only
49 ASTB
3.5 GPA Economics (math and international relations minor) Florida International University
3.3 GPA Masters in Economics NYU
Currently in PhD program economics University of Illinois Chicago
3 years retail banking
LOR's two former banking managers, director of Graduate progam UIC, current professor who is a former Navy Reserve Commander, retired.
Internship US Embassy Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Fluent Spanish, French, German.

I have no community service, which looks like will hurt me when the boards come. Also, does anyone suggest I retake the ASTB?

Good luck everyone! Hope we can all make it past the March boards.

Gills

Horse,
Everyone is going to suggest that you retake the ASTB. But you may not have to. With your impressive academic and job related stats, you will probably be good for SWO. We've all seen much shittier stats get in. If they say non-select, retake...and boom, apply again.

caballo

coo. thanks a lot cpgillie. i'll probably go ahead and submit my paperwork as is, and like you said, if not selected, then I'll retake and try again.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Horse,
Everyone is going to suggest that you retake the ASTB. But you may not have to. With your impressive academic and job related stats, you will probably be good for SWO. We've all seen much shittier stats get in. If they say non-select, retake...and boom, apply again.

He should be good to go for SWO...it's if you want a more specialized pipeline like SNA, NFO or INTEL that he'll need 50+ or more to be competitive. The only thing to do is apply and see what happens, and then go from there. Good luck.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
So my saga continues...my OR was sick the past month, and in the meantime I was under the impression that my medical records showing I don't have an ear condition were being submitted. However, after an unscheduled visit yesterday it looks like they never even sent them in, and now it will be "about a week" to get the results back as to whether I need a waiver or not. THEN I can continue with my application, and correct my other issues (bloodpressure verification, bodyfat test, redo my depth perception test).

This is really annoying to me, as I hate the feeling of having my future in someone else's hands - but especially if things don't get done without me pressuring them to do so. I'm not mad at my OR or processor, but just highly annoyed, as I could have possibly made it into the February board late, but now I might not be ready for the March board (after missing out on the January board to begin with).

One thing they mentioned was that it was a recruiting district-wide policy of not submitting an application to the boards until they were in regs and passed the MEPS physical and PRT.....I know that many of you on here have done those AFTER being pro-req'd. If I'd been able to do those after being pro-req'd, I wouldn't be having these issues now......

Anyways, anyone have some words of encouragement for me before I get out of my last class and go wear myself down in the gym for an hour or two?!? I'm totally ready to get in gear for this and the next 22 months, but the wait is killing me - so much that I'm already frustrated with class and work and definitely ready for a vacation come spring break.....margaritas and senoritas, here we come LOL!!!

kat27

Hey, I have some questions for ppl who are applying for OCS. I will apply for the March 09 board. I am hoping to get a slot in flight school. I did well on the ASTB, my gpa is great, got good LOR's, private pilots license and I am newly graduated student athlete at a Division I University. Any advise.? Seems like my recruiter is taking forever to get my package ready. Is waiting just part of the game? And, if it matters, I am a woman...
Thanks...Curious Kat

cpwhit1

Final Select SNFO 07 March 2010
Hey, I have some questions for ppl who are applying for OCS. I will apply for the March 09 board. I am hoping to get a slot in flight school. I did well on the ASTB, my gpa is great, got good LOR's, private pilots license and I am newly graduated student athlete at a Division I University. Any advise.? Seems like my recruiter is taking forever to get my package ready. Is waiting just part of the game? And, if it matters, I am a woman...
Thanks...Curious Kat

Waiting is a huge part of the game, at least, this has been my experience. As far as getting your recruiter to hurry up...can't really help ya there. Could be your OR is just bogged down with multiple apps. But just try to have good communication with your OR. I'm pretty sure I annoyed mine many times with emails, phone calls, NASIS website problems, and more emails (but I made sure to thank him for his hard work of course).

Anyway, did he tell you that you'll be on the March boards or is that what you're shooting for?