• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mandatory Scarves

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
Just to show you all that I'm not an AF-apologist, I thought all you gold-plated wing types would dig seeing the following email.

I can't vouch for it's legitimacy, but it was posted tonight to the airlinepilotcentral.com forums. Apparently this is from the new Operations Group Commander at a C-17 Wing.

All,
Attached is a new xxx OG uniform policy effective immediately. Although the current AFI 36-2903 and xxx Sup allow different uniform/color combinations, the xxx Sup to these regs is under revision and will be more restrictive. The following policy letter contains the recommended changes and is directive until the supplement is published.

The desire is to have all xxx xxx members present a more uniform and professional appearance in the tradition of the xxx wing. In summary, the policy letter directs the following:
1. When wearing the green flight suit, wear black T-shirts with black boots or desert sand (tan) T-shirts with green boots.. When wearing the tan flight suit, wear desert sand T-shirts with tan boots.
2. When wearing ABUs, wear desert sand T-shirts with green boots unless you were issued tan boots in basic training and that is all you have.
3. When wearing BDUs, wear black T-shirts with black boots.
4. Scarves: Unit scarves will be worn around the neck with the green flight suit at all times unless flying, on the flight line or when performing duties that would make them a safety hazard.
5. Morale Patches: As a reminder, morale patches are prohibited at this time. This applies to both home station and when TDY/deployed. Future guidance will specifically list any morale patches that have been approved by AMC
For individuals who have flight suits, I fully understand that some units do not have any or enough scarves to issue at this time. An emergency order is being processed and we should have adequate supplies for all OG members in two to three weeks. Prior to their delivery, I have asked each unit to issue as many scarves as they have to those who are currently on station. I will issue OG scarves to all others until the new ones arrive. Of special emphasis, I have asked each of your commanders to ensure that all those who will be interacting with Maj Gen Scott next week to have a scarf.

Un-f*cking believable!!! Mandatory scarves?! An emergency order to get everyone in the Ops Group into scarf compliance?! No morale patches? Well, we sure wouldn't want people to have any morale, would we.

Good thing we've got our eye on the ball during combat operations, eh? It's embarassing to be a blue-suiter sometimes. :icon_rage

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I imagine that there are plenty of other USAF pilots who would find this new directive equally appallingly gay.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Nice....maybe the originator of the emergency scarf issue order should go to work on all the Broken Arrows and sleepy missileers:D:D:D

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
Sympathies bro, I hate it when the brass get great ideas like this. It reminds me of the 3 MAW policy a few years back that mandated the wearing of the utility cover (8-point) whenever the desert flight suit was worn. We lucky few in Yuma (where the desert flight suit was the uniform of the day for 8 months out of the year) got to experience this ridiculous look early on. Lucky it only lasted a short while until a new CG (and SgtMaj) took over.

The 'kicker' was that it was intended to show solidarity for the dudes in Iraq, none of whom were wearing that cover over there!!!

busdriver

None
The gay is strong within the AF. Here at Moody, we have to wear reflective belts at night. Yes, the PT gear/Reflective belt police have migrated to home station. Ugh

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This is fvcking great! It's like when the dude, who's already a little light in the loafers and swears he isn't gay, goes out and buys a miata or a vespa.

:D

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
The gay is strong within the AF. Here at Moody, we have to wear reflective belts at night. Yes, the PT gear/Reflective belt police have migrated to home station. Ugh
Hey, here at Cherry Point reflective belts SHALL be worm between evening and morning colors ... so at 0730 when it is full daylight you will get locked on for not having one. I'm sure the PX appreciates my business after purchasing my fag belt with EGAs on it! OO-RAH!!!

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
Hey, here at Cherry Point reflective belts SHALL be worm between evening and morning colors ... so at 0730 when it is full daylight you will get locked on for not having one. I'm sure the PX appreciates my business after purchasing my fag belt with EGAs on it! OO-RAH!!!

Is that at all times, or only while PTing? I thought busdriver meant reflective belts are worn at night in any uniform at Moody, not just during PT.