• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mandatory Scarves

Renegade One

None
MANDATORY SCARVES...NAVY STYLE

TINS...CO of my sister squadron once-upon-a-time had some significant exchange duty with the USAF in his background and had a liking for the scarf thing. One Friday afternoon at Miramar O'Club, "Brand X" aircrews all show up as a group (by order, I'm told) wearing their new scarves. Name of squadron isn't important; suffice it to say they were red and white checked and looked like napkins from an Italian restaurant. After taking all the grief a club full of "Fightertown" guys could give them, believe they might have told the CO "Never again!". Or words to that effect. Some traditions don't translate all that well...

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
After an A-4C Squadron CO tour (VA-12 Ubangis) including a combat cruise my dad gets assigned a couple of years later to a Joint group known as "Silk Purse" flying EC or RC-135s (I don't recall) as the Airborne Command Post out of RAF Mildenhall, flying w/ the USAF.

Not only did they have the ascot, but they also wore this white hat that looked like Charlie Brown's winter hat (w/ the ear flaps) and a rank insignia on it. My dad just said NFW...