• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lots of questions and few answers

Seafort

Made His Bed, Is Now Lying In It
4/c = Fourth Class Midshipman, or Freshman.
1/c = First Class Midshipman, or Senior.

I imagine you can figure out what 3/c and 2/c stand for. And it will only matter for Advanced Standing or Scholarship. If it's gone, it will show up in your history prior to undergoing medical evaluation, and it will be ignored. If it shows up as a problem, you will probably be denied Advanced Standing even as a 2/C. At that point, you will pretty much be separated from the program because you cannot fulfill the requirements of military service on medical grounds.

I saw folks get hurt, lose their AS or scholarship. I saw girls who got pregnant lose AS or their scholarship, or just not get it in the first place. I've seen people denied AS because some unknown medical condition lurked silently in the background.

tl;dr We aren't doctors. Go talk to yours. If he or she says you're good to go, take that note with you to NROTC and talk to the 4/c advisor at your NROTC unit.

I was a Junior, credit wise, before I became a 4/c. As long as I didn't cost the Navy more money than any other Mid, I was free to come onboard. My 4/C advisor was also a helo pilot, and just a damn stand up guy in general. Neither here nor there, just thought he deserved the shoutout.

MXAV

I imagine you can figure out what 3/c and 2/c stand for. And it will only matter for Advanced Standing or Scholarship. If it's gone, it will show up in your history prior to undergoing medical evaluation, and it will be ignored. If it shows up as a problem, you will probably be denied Advanced Standing even as a 2/C. At that point, you will pretty much be separated from the program because you cannot fulfill the requirements of military service on medical grounds.

I saw folks get hurt, lose their AS or scholarship. I saw girls who got pregnant lose AS or their scholarship, or just not get it in the first place. I've seen people denied AS because some unknown medical condition lurked silently in the background.

tl;dr We aren't doctors. Go talk to yours. If he or she says you're good to go, take that note with you to NROTC and talk to the 4/c advisor at your NROTC unit.

I was a Junior, credit wise, before I became a 4/c. As long as I didn't cost the Navy more money than any other Mid, I was free to come onboard. My 4/C advisor was also a helo pilot, and just a damn stand up guy in general. Neither here nor there, just thought he deserved the shoutout.

Ok, so this is on the college level right? So being a freshmen in college would mean 4/c right?

Basically I dont even really feel like i have it =/ so to the doctor I go

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Agreed. There was a girl in my NROTC commissioning class that was DQ'd several months AFTER graduation for a medical issue that they knew about since she started the program. Apparently nobody realized until then that it was considered disqualifying not only for aviation, but for military service as well. Oh well, at least she got to do a VFA middie cruise and ride in the trunk of a Rhino out to the boat and back. Get it checked out now; the outcome will be much better either way than if you wait.