• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking to rent a house in JAX

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBates

Uh, you know, the guy offering you his house in this thread - Master (I know, I know, but seriously. Mayport, airport - same same). Try and keep up here, Ryann. ;)

Brett

Brett,

I live closer to NAS JAX than Mayport. Housing prices near NRB are out of a single income JO's reach nowadays...

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Who lives in Mayport?? We weren't planning on renting there, from what I have heard the drive is bad enough right in and aroudn NAS Jacksonville.

The drive is pretty easy from Southside, traffic is pretty light and flows well. Nothing near as messy as what I see comming out of Orange Park every day.

MasterBates

My house to NAS JAX is ~22-25 miles depending on the way you go. About 30 minutes normally. Mayport is 24-26, but takes 40.

The drive is pretty easy from Southside, traffic is pretty light and flows well. Nothing near as messy as what I see comming out of Orange Park every day.

Is southside nice? I have been looking at rentals in our price range and everything that seems to be nice is in Orange Park and I have heard it is crazy there with traffic. I can not find anything that is "close" to the base, anything I have seen seems very run down, etc. A safe/nice area is first on our list as we have two small children, my husbands commute comes second:) ha!! No, he would agree, but I don't want the guy to have to be stuck in traffic every day. Any help on subdivisions etc., would be MUCH appreciated!!

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Is southside nice? I have been looking at rentals in our price range and everything that seems to be nice is in Orange Park and I have heard it is crazy there with traffic. I can not find anything that is "close" to the base, anything I have seen seems very run down, etc. A safe/nice area is first on our list as we have two small children, my husbands commute comes second:) ha!! No, he would agree, but I don't want the guy to have to be stuck in traffic every day. Any help on subdivisions etc., would be MUCH appreciated!!

Then maybe you shouldn't move to Jacksonville at all. Quite the rash of murders going on right now.

But honestly, its not that bad. (far as I can tell)

MasterBates

Never know. SWAT was at the swanky new publix surrounded by 250K+ homes last month. JAX is weird, in that you can go from 1/4 million dollar homes, to crack houses, to farmland in a 1 mile drive in some areas.

MasterBates

Less trailers, unless you are on the west side (NAS JAX is kinda on the west side).

Up here, its more like 2Br/1BA 700 square foot houses that are run down, with 3 junk cars in the yard, and 1/4 mile down the same road is the entrance for a development where houses "Starting in the Mid 200's" are whats selling.

Thats the dirty south for you...

Less trailers, unless you are on the west side (NAS JAX is kinda on the west side).

Up here, its more like 2Br/1BA 700 square foot houses that are run down, with 3 junk cars in the yard, and 1/4 mile down the same road is the entrance for a development where houses "Starting in the Mid 200's" are whats selling.

Thats the dirty south for you...

I found that out real quick when we moved here. Put it this way, when we were first entering Pensacola coming from Va Beach, we came down 29 from AL-113 and all I saw was trailers and run down houses and pine trees. There was even a car on the side of the road blown up!! The first thing I said was, "this is Florida???"" :)

MasterBates

I found that out real quick when we moved here. Put it this way, when we were first entering Pensacola coming from Va Beach, we came down 29 from AL-113 and all I saw was trailers and run down houses and pine trees. There was even a car on the side of the road blown up!! ???The first thing I said was, "this is Florida"" :)

Actually, no... You are in Lower Alabama. Actual state on your address is irrelevant.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin

Southside is pretty nice, and it opposes normal traffic flows.

JAX is so spread out, you'd probably have better luck waiting until you get here to figure out where to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.