• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoorah26

livin' the dream
pilot
Once the p-8 comes online, what is the Navy going to do with t-44/c-12's since they aren't jet aircraft? I know they can't just send all the studs to Enid for t-1's. Though I would enjoy the company.

MasterBates

While the critical engine dealie is not there in a jet, I think there is a lot of training to be had in the T-44 that would carry over to the 737.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
With the upgrade of the T-44's from A's to C's, they will probably be around for a while. Also, its not just Navy SNA's that get trained on the T-44/C-12: Most of the AF C-130, along with all of the Marine Herk and tilt-rotor studs use them as well.

SlickAg

pilot
TC-12s and VT-35 is supposed to be going away as soon as the T-44s all get upgraded to a glass cockpit.

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
While the critical engine dealie is not there in a jet, I think there is a lot of training to be had in the T-44 that would carry over to the 737.

Agreed. I think the training pipeline won't change a bit. We had a few T-44/C-12 trained guys in the E-6 community, and they did just fine.

Besides, the 737 is a REALLY easy airplane to fly and land. It is a blast to fly. I mean, I want to be friends with that thing.

Hoorah26

livin' the dream
pilot
Agreed. I think the training pipeline won't change a bit. We had a few T-44/C-12 trained guys in the E-6 community, and they did just fine.

Then why the hell am I in Enid. Not that it's bad or anything :icon_tong

HuggyU2

None
Re: the expression "Bravo Zulu". I understand that it means "kudos" or "well done". But where did it originate? Anyone up on their Naval etymology?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Re: the expression "Bravo Zulu". I understand that it means "kudos" or "well done". But where did it originate? Anyone up on their Naval etymology?

I don't know specifically where it came from, but it's along the lines of the basic comm codes the shoes use, specifically w/ flags, but by other means as well. For example, "BREAK" is BT, "THIS" (as in "R8J, this is J8J...") is DE, etc.

In short, it's shoe speak but is also part of the naval heritage carried over to Aviation.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't know specifically where it came from, but it's along the lines of the basic comm codes the shoes use, specifically w/ flags, but by other means as well. For example, "BREAK" is BT, "THIS" (as in "R8J, this is J8J...") is DE, etc.

In short, it's shoe speak but is also part of the naval heritage carried over to Aviation.

Thanks to Wikipedia, here's the lore on its origin.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I liked the "NEGAT Bravo Zulu." That's just harsh.

In days of Lord Nelson and Trafalgar came the phrase "Your Number is Up" which meant CO was to report aboard flagship. Getting a NEGAT Bravo Zulu would mean your number was indeed up in negative facetime terms!

Status
Not open for further replies.