• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
I was totally going to start watching this thread because it appears to be a topic that has potentially relavent gouge for me. Then I saw the picture.

That said, removal of the rosebud should be easy enough thereby making them 100% white. DIs should have no problem with them then...

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I'm glad we're representing the Navy and our Officer Corps as a group of professionals that our young officer candidates can trust in and look up to.
I'm glad some of us have a sense of humor rather than a stick stuck up our ass.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lovely. Interesting that those who are the first to decry the demise of respectable leadership in the Navy are also the first to ignore their own advice when an opportunity to set a good example competes with sophmoric humor. I'm certainly no prude, but there's a time and place for everything, and I would have hoped for a better example for our aspiring young female officers.

CAMike

None
Contributor
I hadn't seen the new standard issue briefs that incorporate a low pressure blow down vent as opposed to a built in fetzer valve. Good "stuff". Keep it coming.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Lovely. Interesting that those who are the first to decry the demise of respectable leadership in the Navy are also the first to ignore their own advice when an opportunity to set a good example competes with sophmoric humor. I'm certainly no prude, but there's a time and place for everything, and I would have hoped for a better example for our aspiring young female officers.
As I've decried the the demise of respectable leadership in the Navy one of the points I've always pointed out their lack of a sense of humor and their need to be more and more politically correct. Take yourself for example. You obviously have aspirations of stars and you are an excellent example of an officer who demonstrates these two traits. This is probably why I retired as a LCDR and you'll promote higher.

Stick up the ass and promote, or sense of humor and retire as an LCDR........ Have I told you lately it's good to be retired?

Go fuck yourself.
Two_Middle_Finger.png

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I dunno. I don't think it's about political correctness. Old dude posting lingerie pics suggestively in response to an aspiring young officer candidate is kind of just universally creepy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not sure why I bother with the likes of those who can't understand that those they might have led would be uncomfortable with that kind of material from their leadership. Maybe this is the new normal with the retired (and might as well be retired) crowd on AW, but it sure as hell doesn't pass muster in the fleet. If your viewpoint represents what you think the "old school" Navy represents, then I'd just as soon leave that in the dustbin of history. You call yourself an officer, then behave like a lecherous old man.

I'm sorry you don't like the fact that we have to take the female perspective into consideration. Welcome to the 1990s.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I dunno. I don't think it's about political correctness. Old dude posting lingerie pics suggestively in response to an aspiring young officer candidate is kind of just universally creepy.
Uuhhh.....you've seen my avatar haven't you......

And if you truely think I was trying to suggest anything, you are as big of an ass as Brett.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Brett, you are a pompous ass and probably always will be. As I said, go fuck yourself.

And for the record, with a Navy officer ex-wife and a daughter, no one supports equality for women more than I do. But I have a sense of humor and both my ex-wife and daughter would find that post funny. My daughter lurks here too so if she hasn't seen it already she will.

Renegade One

None
I was totally going to start watching this thread because it appears to be a topic that has potentially relavent gouge for me. Then I saw the picture.

That said, removal of the rosebud should be easy enough thereby making them 100% white. DIs should have no problem with them then...
Good for you, PG…hang in there and keep your sense of humor. As the wife of a SWO and a CEC DCO aspirant, I'm sure you're MORE than qualified in that respect...;)

USAF_WX2USN

Wow. I didn't realize my question (that still wasn't answered yet) would cause a huge flame war. I knew I'd get some snarky responses and that's fine, but also hoping for a legit answer since this is the female board.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Wow. I didn't realize my question (that still wasn't answered yet) would cause a huge flame war. I knew I'd get some snarky responses and that's fine, but also hoping for a legit answer since this is the female board.
Thanks for having a sense of humor. As far as a serious answer, in my AOCS days a long, long time ago before I was a creepy lecherous old man, it was plain white granny panties. I would guess it's probably the same now but a recent female OCS grad would be know best. Since I normally don't give serious answers unless I am current on the issue, I just stuck with humor in my origial post. But if I offended you, I apologize.

BTW, you didn't start anything. There has been a long ongoing battle between Brett and I on issues like this.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes HAL, I'm sure you have many black/gay/Jewish friends as well.

The perpetual stream of bizarre impropriety from you speaks for itself and is a lesson to others in how not to behave as a professional Naval Officer.