• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Length of time to get into OCS

For me - SNA
ASTB: NOV 2021
MEPS: DEC 2021
Board: MAY 2022
OCS: SEPT 2022

P.S. I was originally given an OCS date of JAN 2023 but someone in my NTAG dropped and I was asked if I could leave within 2 weeks.

P.S.2: A friend of mine from the MAY 2022 board had a date of JAN2023 and is actually going in JUN2023.

P.S.3: your mileage may vary. There are still aviator selects from the NOV2021 board who have not yet been to OCS. I’d recommend on just focusing on doing well on the ASTB and letting the chips fall where they will
Very helpful response. Thx.
You completed OCS so what do they have you doing now?
Did they assign you another job until it’s time for you to head to flight school?
Or are you currently in flight school?
Or were you sent home to wait(I don’t know if this is a thing, I hope not)?

space_sailor

Very helpful response. Thx.
You completed OCS so what do they have you doing now?
Did they assign you another job until it’s time for you to head to flight school?
Or are you currently in flight school?
Or were you sent home to wait(I don’t know if this is a thing, I hope not)?
First off, things can change here with the season and who the CO/XO and DIVO are so what’s the case for me might not be the case for whenever you would get down here.

I am in A POOL here in Pensacola (waiting to start flight school). They were sending ppl back home but to my knowledge that’s only happening now if you ask and the COC approves it.
In order to occupy some of my time here I volunteered to work at the Naval museum on base. Some ppl get assigned stash jobs some do not.

First off, things can change here with the season and who the CO/XO and DIVO are so what’s the case for me might not be the case for whenever you would get down here.

I am in A POOL here in Pensacola (waiting to start flight school). They were sending ppl back home but to my knowledge that’s only happening now if you ask and the COC approves it.
In order to occupy some of my time here I volunteered to work at the Naval museum on base. Some ppl get assigned stash jobs some do not.
Interesting

So the Navy pays you while you wait?
Also are there a lot of ? in Pensacola for you to chase while waiting?

Thanks for all the info. It’s super helpful and helps me to paint a picture of what my experience “may” be like.

exNavyOffRec

Interesting

So the Navy pays you while you wait?
Also are there a lot of ? in Pensacola for you to chase while waiting?

Thanks for all the info. It’s super helpful and helps me to paint a picture of what my experience “may” be like.
You never said what designator you were going for, if not aviation the experience will be different, and no matter what the designator you should focus on getting your application together, aviation is highly competitive right now (if you are going for aviation).

You never said what designator you were going for, if not aviation the experience will be different, and no matter what the designator you should focus on getting your application together, aviation is highly competitive right now (if you are going for aviation).
Yes. I want to be a pilot.

Currently preparing for the ASTB, to take it next month.
I have a 3.4 gpa in Psychology
I actually took the ASTB already without much prep and got 52 5/5/5.
Recruiter said I could go SWO or Intelligence but I don’t want that.
For my second attempt, I’m aiming for Over 53 and 7/7/7.
For me it’s either fly planes or jump out of planes. So if I can’t be a pilot, I’ll go be an Army Infantry Officer.

exNavyOffRec

Currently preparing for the ASTB, to take it next month.
I have a 3.4 gpa in Psychology
I actually took the ASTB already without much prep and got 52 5/5/5.
Recruiter said I could go SWO or Intelligence but I don’t want that.
For my second attempt, I’m aiming for Over 53 and 7/7/7.
For me it’s either fly planes or jump out of planes. So if I can’t be a pilot, I’ll go be an Army Infantry Officer.
Given the current situation with SNA and the applicant to spots situation I would go for and 8 on the PFAR

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Here's a good snap shot of some of the talent awaiting you in the scenic panhandle.

I don’t know…kind of reminds me of my primary instructor for my first three flights. You get used to it.