• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Lemoore FA-18 Crash

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Looks like a good time to invest in Breitling and ties, they are going to sell three in the near future...

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
That wreckage looks nuts, glad the pilot is okay, but this sentence from the ABC article is bothering me "The multi-million dollar jet, however, didn't survive." I think I should just STFU, because after all, I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.

Edit: We don't speculate on mishaps here.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Day In The Life

pilot
but this sentence from the ABC article is bothering me "The multi-million dollar jet, however, didn't survive.".

When you eject it's not like the Rhino fixes whatever was wrong & lands itself, the plane crashes.

I think it might have been pilot error for sure.

picard-facepalm_zps404792fb.jpg

Jublov

I know I do stupid shit, and I guess what I get for being the FNG, just wondering why I can't speculate for aviation crashes sigh

mb1685

I know I do stupid shit, and I guess what I get for being the FNG, just wondering why I can't speculate for aviation crashes sigh

1. Because it's unnecessary and disrespectful. The fact that the pilot is reported to be in good condition doesn't mean that there's a free pass to be an armchair analyst. The only thing that the pilot and his family likely care about right now is the fact that he's alive. They don't want your help figuring out what went wrong.

2. Because none of us, especially those of us who aren't naval aviators, can do as good of a job as the investigators.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Not to mention brotha, somebody (me) may know the guy. May've gone to flight school with him, shared beers with him, met his parents. He's not just some pilot on the TV screen bub.

If I'm not gonna speculate and make accusations as to what he did, what gives you the right to do so?

Never miss a good opportunity to keep your mouth shut. It's hard being the new guy. It's even harder when you keep reminding everybody of that fact by saying dumb shit.

Keep your head up...it can only get better.

Jublov

Thanks for the advice, I should listen and talk less, even if it was someone you knew, I apologize for any concern ahead of time. I love all of you here.