• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

KillBOX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Why is the Air Force the biggest bunch of PX!@ies? Here is the conversation that I heard:

Controller: "Roger, AFGUY32, you are cleared for KillBox XYZ"
AFGUY32: "Uhhh, controller, that Kill container is not going to work for us, we need Kill Container YXZ"

It is called a KillBox because that is what you do inside of it. You kill people that try and bring harm to our troops. Maybe not in my case, I merely radiate their babies, but that is besides the point. How can you conduct combat in a politically correct environment where you cannot say the word box? So what do they call the cockpit then? The powder room?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why is the Air Force the biggest bunch of PX!@ies? Here is the conversation that I heard:

Controller: "Roger, AFGUY32, you are cleared for KillBox XYZ"
AFGUY32: "Uhhh, controller, that Kill container is not going to work for us, we need Kill Container YXZ"

It is called a KillBox because that is what you do inside of it. You kill people that try and bring harm to our troops. Maybe not in my case, I merely radiate their babies, but that is besides the point. How can you conduct combat in a politically correct environment where you cannot say the word box? So what do they call the cockpit then? The powder room?

Ohh, you have no idea how far this thing goes. They won't say box or head. They think they're being cool by overdoing the PC thing as if in protest, but they just end up sounding like tools. It's a pointy nosed thing, so in OSW, we would get the female AWACS controller to say, "The box is hot...the box is hot" when the vul started.

Brett

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
It's not that it's too PC for AF dudes to say. It's that, much like many other pointy nose AF BS (saying so to speak after seemingly every comment, saying skull or cranium instead of head, etc, etc), it's the "in thing" and no matter how many times you say it's retarded the guys at the pointy end keep doing it.

Gay as a bag of dicks, IMHO

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
"Uh, controller, you want us to actually dive toward the enemy? Can't we just drop our LGB from 20,000ft?"

Xtndr50boom

I heard that Shit too - WTF does So to speak mean?

Example:

Talking about gambling in vegas

"I'm in the hole, so to speak"

Something dorks attach to anything that could be construed the wrong way (usually sexual).

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
I heard that Shit too - WTF does So to speak mean?

It's one of those stupid phases that the boys in blue (and now tiger stripes:eek:) go through, where they think they're part of a cool little club when they say it. I agree with Brett, I think it's to overdo the PC thing just to make a point, AS WELL as "sneak in" a little non-pc sexual allusions.

Xtndr50boom

It's one of those stupid phases that the boys in blue (and now tiger stripes:eek:) go through

As was mentioned earlier, it's mostly (ugh...the sheep mentality is alive and well in some fat chick driver O's) a pointy nose thing. Fortunately, not all of us checked our brains at the door when we signed on the dotted line

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
What the hell? Are those faggy little computer nerds sitting in their aircraft, snickering like D&D playing 7th graders whenever someone says, "...Box," over the radio? I'm pretty sure if someone pulled that shit in my airspace, I would tell them to go home, because I have no work for stupid fucking assclowns. "Kill container," indeed... It's not like there's anything more important to do than over-PC ever minute detail, though, huh? Holy sweet, big breasted mother of GOD, I miss the days when you could just say what you meant without some shithead pushing his spectacles up his nose and making ticky marks on a scorecard somewhere.

Sorry, little stressed at work this week.

cisforsmasher

pilot
well i had to clap this out. "Con-tain-er" vs. "box" I thought we were supposed to be clear and concise. Are they going to change their name to the "Air Service" because "Air Force" sounds too violent and intimidating?

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
well i had to clap this out. "Con-tain-er" vs. "box" I thought we were supposed to be clear and concise. Are they going to change their name to the "Air Service" because "Air Force" sounds too violent and intimidating?

No, "Air Service" is not politically correct as it offends the "ground". It implies that the "ground" is beneath the "Air" thus implying a hierarchical social class that disenfranchises a disproportionate quantity of the basic elements.

I'm sure they will go with something like "Ungrounded Trucking Organization":)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So pretend (and we know this would never happen) that a USAF AWACS crew had to eat box lunches.

Would they call them someting else??

"Say Chet, I'm going up to the flight deck to eat my container lunch while I fly."

FLY_USMC

pilot
We taxied by as a two ship today and had a couple guys waiting to get gas in their T-1's wave at us? I thought, wow that's kind of gay...and then it came to me....it was a come on....and I realized how could they have known I was Mclovin sexy under all my gear?

AJB37

We taxied by as a two ship today and had a couple guys waiting to get gas in their T-1's wave at us? I thought, wow that's kind of gay...and then it came to me....it was a come on....and I realized how could they have known I was Mclovin sexy under all my gear?

They have X-Ray glasses from the back of their comic books... obviously.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
We had a time-sensitive strike excercise with JSTARS.....the female ABM said "killbox" on the radio....her instructor accidentally transmitted vice ICS'd her scolding....it is empowering telling a JSTARS guy he is a geek over the radio......:)...I wonder what Flathatter would do....so to speak.....

Status
Not open for further replies.