• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June Boards

SWOHopeful

24 M
47 Retake (44 first time)
2 Interviews 0-5, 0-4
Extra Curriculars
5 LORS (3 Former boses, 2 Profs)

Basically just handed it over the other day. I don't know if I'm truly going to be in this board because my recruiter wants to make sure of a couple of things. I want to be in June but we shall see what happens.

dreambrat18

well since everyone else is posting their stats... i thought i had before...
21 F
3.03 Marine bio and chem minor
50 going for SWO, Oceanography and supply
3 O6s from the Army, prof, brazilian marine mammal vet
My school put a hold on my account so my packet is still not in due to my transcript being withheld. *sigh*

zbeasley

First off, good luck to all of you who are putting applications in for the boards in June; best of luck.

I'm pretty new to Airwarriors, haven't posted anything before, but I have been an avid reader of everyone's posts.

So here's my situation, I will hopefully be putting my application in for NFO in September. I have yet to take the infamous ASTB or my PRT; however I am studying everyday and maintaining a good workout regiment (I plan on taking it in mid-July and the PRT in August).

Since most of you will be up for boards next month, I was wondering if anyone knew how many applications were accepted each month (for SNAs and NFOs alike).

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks - Zak

damcrac

Final Select NFO
Since most of you will be up for boards next month, I was wondering if anyone knew how many applications were accepted each month (for SNAs and NFOs alike).

From what I've seen on this site, and NavyOCS, for NFO, the past couple of months have looked at around 50-60 applications, accepting 70% one month(march), and 49%(april) the other. Those numbers aren't guaranteed to be accurate, just what I've read(don't bet ont that many being reviewed in June or later). I would recommend to send your packet in ASAP! There is a spot on the application that states your availability, and If you can't go in till september, then put the date there. Not everyone is accepted first time, and it could take 6 months or longer to earn a pro rec, so apply now, and play the waiting game.

I waited until end of April to start my packet, including ASTB, and I got it sent off last week. Hope that its in for June, and hope I get accepted. Now I have to just wait it out.

edited for more clarity

zbeasley

Thanks man I appreciate it. I plan on getting everything geared up and ready for the September board well in advance. I'm pretty much giving myself the summer to study, take the PRT, collect the necessary documents, get LORs, etc. Yeah I definitely don't want to be stuck waiting around when I could be applying.

thanks again...and good luck

damcrac

Final Select NFO
dont remind me. School just got out for me, so now I don't have anything to help pass the time! Guess I'll just study up on the memorization, and train harder.

trombone

Just found out that I'm on for the June SWO board. I'll repost my stats from navyocs.com.

PV2,Georgia State Defense Force, Hazmat Co., 911th Support Command

BA in General Music, Columbus State University
GPA: 3.21

Applying for SWO, Supply, and IW
OAR:46

LOR's: O-6 (Navy), O-7 (Army), O-3 (Army chaplain who married my wife and me), O-5 (college professor), O-2 ( my CC), and my first boss out of college who is retired Navy.

Assessment by SWO O-5

Training: Level C protection level qualified, Nuclear and radiological Hazmat Awareness certified, bunch of other FEMA courses, 3 years in the Sea Cadets as a Kid, and more.

bottlenose

25, Male
Applying for SNA only
CFI with 850 hours TT
3.0 GPA in Aeronautical Science: Professional Pilot
ASTB: 6/8/6 OAR: 50
LORs from my flight instructor during my private and instrument training, chief pilot of my university (whos my boss now), and from a boss at Red Bull, I worked for them for 3 years during college.

damcrac

Final Select NFO
A good amount of SNA(especially SNA only). Lets get more NFO and SWO up! Board in 2.5 weeks. Results in 3.5-4

PacShore

Well I just found out that even though my package got to TN in April and me thinking I would be in the May boards, it was not processed until May 27. Therefore, I get to go through the whole process of constantly checking for any new information for another month!

33/m Non-prior
B.A. Poly Sci (International Relations); History Minor (2.76 gpa) very low, I know
MBA (3.23 gpa)
ASTB: 57 6,6,6
Several LORs including retired Congressman who was a former boss
Interviews:
O6's - 2 (1 SWO and 1 Retired M.D.); O4’s - 2 (Both INTEL)
Like everyone else, lots of extracurricular and volunteer activities
Hold a TS clearance
Going for Intel, SWO-IW, and IW

Good luck to everyone!

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
ive been told i would be at the april board and then the may board, now it appears i have been bumped again to june...

OCS - SWO only
27/M
no prior service
ASTB 69/9/9/9
PRT - excellent low
B.A. Biology, 3.06 GPA, Colorado College
M.S. Human Genetics, 3.54 GPA, University of Utah
LOR's: O-3 navy pilot (retired), 2 professors (essentially bosses/supervisors)
~60 hr flight time in 172, just short of PP license
extracurriculars: martial arts in high school, served on disciplinary committee during college

SWOHopeful

ive been told i would be at the april board and then the may board, now it appears i have been bumped again to june...

OCS - SWO only
27/M
no prior service
ASTB 69/9/9/9
PRT - excellent low
B.A. Biology, 3.06 GPA, Colorado College
M.S. Human Genetics, 3.54 GPA, University of Utah
LOR's: O-3 navy pilot (retired), 2 professors (essentially bosses/supervisors)
~60 hr flight time in 172, just short of PP license
extracurriculars: martial arts in high school, served on disciplinary committee during college

Man I do not want to be up against you with those scores!! However, I am surprised you did not try SNA?

SWO406

pro-rec SWO
too old. the marines told me that they could get me an age waiver easy, but i would have to be in ridiculously good shape, and when i say ridiculous, i mean just that. i think those scores are the only think keeping me from being dismissed out of hand with my low GPA.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
SWO, if that's what you really wanted to do then I'd be all over it...Navy is impossible to get an age waiver for non-priors, so if the Marines are needing pilots bad enough then you should really start working out hard for it. Depends on how bad you want it, but that may be your last shot at getting the pilot slot.

BTW, great scores.....you're the only one I've seen better than me (66/9/9/9) on this or any board out there yet. Good luck with whatever you decide to go with.