• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 2010 Boards

USAdefender

GO STATE!!!
That is either complete bull$hit or just mostly bull$hit... seriously, if someone says they're just 'flat out' not going process the app if you put aviation on it. F.T.S.
Time to move on to someone that will process your request. If you truly have wanted to be a pilot... have you been applying to ANG units, etc.? Are you completely medically qualified?

If it's really been your goal since day one.... don't let anyone stop you... even the 'OIC - OR' ...if you're physically and mentally qualified just keep fighting for it. Screw anyone who says otherwise. It's your future... you need to take control of it.

Oh, I agree. I know it's ultimately my career and my final decision, but now my OR won't even let me submit my package, regardless of designators, until September. I believe it's time to go up the chain, but does any one know the best, most professional way to go about doing it? The last thing I want is to burn my bridges, so to speak, with the Navy. Thanks for the ANG idea. I never gave it much thought but will now. I also my go talk with the CG too.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Good luck everyone!!!

I was selected for sna on the March board, but my selection was “disregarded”. My recruiter’s reason was that my optometrist letter did not arrive in time for the medical consideration. The reason I needed a letter was because I only passed the depth perception test at meps with prescription glasses (20/30). The recruited found out that it was disqualifying (after his vacation), contradicting the Doc at MEPS, who told me I passed the exam for SNA.

Anyways, my application is going back to the board this month for another review.

…triple check what your recruiter does for you, even after selection! I learned the hard way

Hello to all,

I'm in for the June boards after finding out this morning that my application was not reviewed in May due to the flood in Millington... it's a bummer but this is life. So here is a peak into my application package:

M/24
7/7/9 60 on the ASTB
3.35 cumulative GPA from University of Navarra, Spain
Fluent in Spanish and French.
LOR's from:
- Former Marine Corps Chaplain
- Retired Navy O-5 and CEO of Lockheed Martin Spain
- Vice President and Dean of Research at Naval Postgraduate School
- Retired MD and Army O-5
- 3 Previous employers
- School Official (Vice Dean)
- Lufthansa Pilot

Good luck to you all! Oh, and by the way, regarding recruiters, I definitely agree with you kitemen...

pulpfictiondubya

I too was moved from the May to the June board, which makes my application for SNA/NFO/SWO probably fall a little flat, but here are my stats:

M/26
5/6/5 49 ASTB
3.88 GPA, BS and MA History, University of Idaho
College baseball, fraternity membership, NJROTC
LOR: Air Force Colonel, Navy Lt Commander, 1 English professor, 1 History professor

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
I too was moved from the May to the June board, which makes my application for SNA/NFO/SWO probably fall a little flat, but here are my stats:

M/26
5/6/5 49 ASTB
3.88 GPA, BS and MA History, University of Idaho
College baseball, fraternity membership, NJROTC
LOR: Air Force Colonel, Navy Lt Commander, 1 English professor, 1 History professor

Good luck bro! The wait is going to be long, at least for me... I've gotta think about how to get distracted...

pulpfictiondubya

Thanks! Same to you! The wait is going to be long for sure, for the past month and a half the May board was the main focus, and finding out that I've got another month took a bit of wind out of the sails. That's nothing compared to some of the guys waiting for FS letters or for OCS dates though, so I guess our wait is merely starting.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Thanks! Same to you! The wait is going to be long for sure, for the past month and a half the May board was the main focus, and finding out that I've got another month took a bit of wind out of the sails. That's nothing compared to some of the guys waiting for FS letters or for OCS dates though, so I guess our wait is merely starting.

Hahaha... sincerely, I would rather be waiting for a FS letter or for an OCS date than for this! But you're right, we might as well get used to the "rush, rush; then wait, wait" that characterizes any Governmental job. Anyway... good luck again!

pulpfictiondubya

Since inquiring minds are... inquiring, would you be willing to share your attachments that you got from your OR if they're general stats? Always nice to have some info.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
So is the flood situation going to affect the June boards?

I would say that it's not going to affect the June Boards because the May Boards went through, although with a little delay. The only problem the May boards had were that about 20 pilot and 20 NFO applicants had their files blocked in the system or something like that per my OR... so they were moved to the June Boards.

ryan1234

I guess I'm pushed to the June boards now also....

SNA/SNFO
7/8/8

2.88 Business Management

Comm. SEL/MEL/MES/IR (no loans; worked multiple jobs)

PADI OW diver

Pretty solid LORs

got arrested for a potato gun incident (long story)

multiple traffic offenses
(but a good record driving fast cars at night in the rain with little or no sleep)

good luck to everyone!

james23

Quick questions:

Will there be an August Boards? Or will the fiscal year 2010 end in July?

Also, would it be smarter to just wait for the new fiscal year 2011 and apply for September Boards? It just seems likely that they would be giving more slots out starting a new fiscal year as opposed to a fiscal year 2010 coming to an end.

Thanks in advance guys

bwh06b

FS SNA
James,

My OR originally told me that I might want to wait until October, which he said is the start of FY 2011. He said that he believed that there would be more slots available starting at this point. Based on what other people have told me on this forum, if you are pro rec'd for a board and go on to graduate from OCS during FY11, then you are selected as part of that FY for the Navy's numbers. So, say you were pro rec'd this month, graduate from OCS in December, then you're part of FY 2011. Someone please correct me if I am misinformed, as well.

james23

Hrmm, thanks for replying.

Well, let me just confirm what you are saying... I am a junior in college right now, and was planning to apply for fiscal year 2011 September or October (whichever is the beginning). Does that mean I took up a slot for the future 2012 fiscal year? or am I still considered fiscal year 2011. I am going for BDCP SNA that is why... sorry if it is confusing.

James

bwh06b

FS SNA
Hrmm, thanks for replying.

Well, let me just confirm what you are saying... I am a junior in college right now, and was planning to apply for fiscal year 2011 September or October (whichever is the beginning). Does that mean I took up a slot for the future 2012 fiscal year? or am I still considered fiscal year 2011. I am going for BDCP SNA that is why... sorry if it is confusing.

James

I can't be sure with that one. I would imagine that by the end of it you'd be considered part of FY 2012. Not 100% on that one, sorry. As far as you asking earlier whether or not there would be a board in August, I was told this morning by my OR that there will not be another board (not sure about June, but for sure not in July) board for SNA, SNFO, and SWO.