• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June 08 Selection

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
Here we go:

Non-prior/Male/26

NFO/IWO/SWO

ASVAB: 96
ASTB: 6/6/6/53
GPA: 3.56 Undergrad. 3.6 post-grad technical school
B.S. in Music Business and A.S. in Recording Arts

4 LOR's: Supervisor, VP of Student Life at Undergrad Univ., Attorney, and close friend and PhD Student at UVA

PRT: 60 p/ups, 70 s/ups and 12:00 1.5mi run

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
Only 4 folks on this site up for June?

I'm down at Captiva Island, FL, all week for my brother's wedding, and I have no cell phone service out here. It's going to be a long week not knowing.

dan15

Male,26
Prior service: 6yrs Air National Guard, F-15 crew chief (E-5)
5/6/5 55
Business Management 3.33 GPA
Good high PRT
LORs: 2 ANG E-8(old supervisors),1 O-3(former OIC),1 USMC O-5(ret.)flight instructor
Interviews: O-3 and O-6(ret.) both pilots. Excellent write ups
Flight time: 30hrs Cesna 172, 3hrs Extra 300L
Applying SNA/SNFO
This site has been a valuable source of information and motivation these last few months. I hope we all get selected. Good luck everybody!!

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
So out of the nearly 60 ppl up for the board only 4 or 5 are on airwarriors? I cant imagine that the submissions from people who dont actively use this website actually be very competitive. I guess there is always the off chance that there arent very many posting becuase people just dont care, but if thats the case I suppose they are not very interested in being selected to begin with.... In any case who knows... Im really sweating this one out, and cant stand to wait any longer to hear.

Anyone know or have an idea when the results will be posted for OTOOLS?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Don't know but last month the results came out QUICK. Did the board meet on Friday, or will it be tomorrow?

Again, good luck to the (four) guys/girls applying.

tomcatfan

Final Select OCS 25 MARCH SNA
well if there are four, then i am number 5
22 years old
ASTB: 43 7/7/6
Criminology 2.53
LORS 3: 2 Navy LCDRs (RET) and one from my Flight Instructor, all three great.
Job References 2: Current job and last semester's internship(which includes a federal security clearance) both great references.
PRT: 9:40 mile 1/2, 50 push up 50 sit ups(don't ever run in black with it being 90+ out side and then try the rest of prt)
53+ hours in a piper tomahawk with my private pilot license.
several extra curricular activities including CAP, weight training, and bar hopping:D
Cleared by MEPS for service.
Applying for SNA/SNFO

tomcatfan

that's what they made me do. That run sucked all the energy i had, i had never ran that fast before and the heat just zapped all of my energy

dimlight85

bears, beets, battlestar galactica.
How can you find out how many people are up for selection this month and how many slots are available? I would think that anyone applying for OCS would want as much info as possible and either be here or on usnavyocs.com forums. I couldn't get much info on the June boards from that site or many stats of those applying.

edit: Forgot to add...the word is that the boards will start meeting tomorrow(Monday 16th) and not Friday.

PigzFly

For the may board it seemed like nearly everyone on AW who applied was selected, so I thought it was a generous board. When I spoke to my recruiter he said they took very few. It seems to be that the well qualified applicant are also well cultured in AW and those who are not, are not.

-For the PRT the run is always last. Dont know why you were made to do the run first. Dont even know if it would be accepted (in the future) if completed in the wrong order.

tomcatfan

well hopefully that holds true this month, good luck everyone.

But yeah it sucked doing the run first. I had to do it at the local recruiting station, the nearest officer recruiters offices are in either sacramento(3 hours away) or san jose(2 1/2 hours away). So the enlisted recruiters did it for me and sent the scores to my recruiter. But won't be making that mistake again

FDX

It's mind games!
Im up for this one

male, 24

applying SNA only

7/7/6 55
3.3 gpa Psychology
105 s/u 87 p/u 8:51 1.5mi run

LOR's: 1 0-6, 2 0-5's, 2 0-4's, a client, and my boss @ FedEx

100 hrs ppl

Extra sh*t that you probably don't care about: Worked 2 jobs full time to put myself through college and flight school

52 up for SNA this month and 5 for SNA BDCP

Thunderkiss

ENS - SNFO
By this time the selection process for this month is over. Everyone who is going to be selected already is. The results should be out in the next day or 2.

I prayed every night btw....

Good luck yall

srqwho

pilot
A lot of the guys from March, April, May seemed to hear back quick... like 2 days. Some of the guys had to call their recruiter while others were called as soon as results were posted from what it sounds like. I am planning on calling my OR on Wednesday if I do not hear anything by then.