• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July IDC Board Purgatory

exNavyOffRec

Oh also I tailored my write up and extra stuff with Intel specifics. One LOR confirming my experience and Bravo Zulu received in Intel despite being a surface warrior.

Side topic for the other folks who are considering just getting in the door.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2014/NAV14181.txt

You are rolling with a gamble, but eventually if you wait long enough it can happen. This was just released for Officer Redesignation. It is all depending on manning e.g. redesignation within IDC is not sought for and this quarter has opened up for SWOs to lateral transfer out despite the past years where they have been locked in due to low personnel.

Most recruiters wouldn't say go SWO to become IDC, but what we would say is what is your priority to be IDC or to be a USN officer? IDC is very competitive so often people that are highly qualified for SWO just don't make it for IDC because of billets. If a person meets the age requirements they have options if they want to utilize them. The other hard part is that in general one a person is a pro N for a designator the odds of them being picked up by that same designator later go down significantly (aviation excluded) so many people keep trying over and over then age out for other programs.

jagger18

My OR sent me a copy of my PQ letter from N3M - it's just a short one-pager that says I am physically qualified for restricted line duty (I'm only applying for IDC due to age restrictions). My initial TNPQ (temporarily not physically qualified) letter did set out a list of concerning items, all of which I was able to get waived by submitting current evaluations.

It almost sounds like they got the wrong letter associated with your file or something - I can't even think of another explanation (but I'm certainly no expert). I can only imagine how frustrated you must be.

Oh yes, I am frustrated and a half. Also, I had had to call my OR a few times. He hadn't bother to call even though people on this board were already saying they Pro-Rec'd. I want to apply for the next board, but with a different OR, even if I have to drive 300 miles to the next NRD.