• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Something tells me I am not going to get looked at this month. My application has been done for a while and I finally got the last of my LORs in late last week, but my recruiter said something about his office having to put a cover letter on and some other stuff. Anyway, he told me I would still be seen this month, but I have heard plenty of other people on AW get similar assurances only to get bumped.

I suppose it is out of my hands now, but I sure hope I don't have prolong the wait an extra month - grad school is a boring place to be.

runron

From what I hear they usually meet on the 15th of each month, and the results should be posted within 5 to 10 days.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Care to tell what day thats supposed to be?

It's usually around the 15th of the month or so that the board meets. But that can be give or take a few days obviously. Decisions are usually out around 21st or so and onwards after that depending on when they met.

Check out the June and May board threads and you'll get an idea of when everything kind of takes place.

[yoda voice] Patience you must have mm hmm. [/yoda voice]

markkyle66

Whats the latest you can submit your kit and still have a good chance of it being reviewed? I think I read somewhere that June 30 was as late as it can go out for those aiming for the July board. Just curious if that was how it really works.

bottlenose

Whats the latest you can submit your kit and still have a good chance of it being reviewed? I think I read somewhere that June 30 was as late as it can go out for those aiming for the July board. Just curious if that was how it really works.

The official answer that I saw and heard from my OR was the first of each month is the latest they will accept apps.

SWOHopeful

Well gentlement and ladies, it looks like the June boards are all but wrapping up there pro-recs and we are next in line. I hope that we all get what we're looking for in the coming weeks. Remember, be patient and keep working hard.

bottlenose

Hope to hear something within 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone in for July. It doesnt seem like many people are in for this board (as far as Airwarriors members go), but I guess that could work to all of our advantage.

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!
Believe it or not, the official results for June are still yet to be posted. (at least as far as I'm being told) There's actually still quite a few ppl waiting to hear back. I'm guess it has something to do with the holiday though so hopefully this 2 extra weeks of waiting won't happen for the July folks! Good Luck all

xsaint

Hey everyone, Just got the call from my OR that I will be up for the July boards.

OCS
NFO/SWO/Supply
24M
ASTB 5/6/5 50
GPA 2.91 B.S. Anthropology(Specialized Aquatic Archaeology)
4 LORs from my employer, dive instructor, and two professors

I was a non-select in May, but my new ASTB scores are a bit more competitive (May ASTB = 4/4/4 41)

xsaint

Pill_Hacker said:
Aquatic anthropology eh? Sounds interesting. What kind of lab/field work (if any) did you get to utilize for that?

Had a chance to go ice diving, and become a Divmaster for YSCUBA. Nothing really awesome about the major other than it specialized me out of a job, but it was a hell of a lot of fun going diving every week. Mostly learned the mechanics of how to lift items to the surface (how much air is needed to lift X amount of weight), and how to deal with artifacts which have been damaged from the water.